2007 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Subie junkie

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

Subie junkie
By Ron on

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subaru experience was 16 years ago when my wife and I rented a new '90 Legacy Sedan to see if we wanted one. We ended up buying a '91 Legacy wagon (kept it until 2003...we sold it to a friend with 190,000 miles, they've put on another 30,000 with no problems). We then got an '04 Forester XS. My company has 3 Subies (2 '05 Imprezas and an '04 Forester X). My son has a '90 Legacy sedan with 205,000 miles and it still runs fine. My newest is the '07 Legacy sedan (I got tired of people borrowing my Forester, so I got one with a 5-speed thinking I can have it to myself!). So far, it's flawless...better ride and handling than the Imprezas and Foresters, also more head and leg room.

More than adequate interior room. It handles and accelerates nimbly. Subaru "fit and finish" is exceptional for a sub-$19k vehicle.

I could have done without the moon-roof and 17" sport wheels, but the dealer didn't have any 2.5i base units...like all car dealers, they don't make enough selling a lowly "base" unit. I love the engines in these cars (2.5L H4), but I wish the engineers could trade some horsepower for a few more mpg.