Great car with one big issue
By Don on
2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I've owned a couple of Subarus in the past few years and they've all been great cars. My 07 Legacy GT is just as good in many ways. I love this car, but after reading the other reviews I thought the issue of the "dip" / hesitation / stutter needs to be mentioned. Before you buy a new or used Legacy GT with the 2.5L turbo engine, be sure to take a thorough test drive and make sure you don't have the same issue many owners of the 2005 - 2008 MY Legacy GT experience. If you notice a very pronounced engine hesitation or bucking while accelerating between 3-4K RPMs, move on and find another Legacy GT. So far Subaru has not been able to fix this issue and I have just filed a lemon law claim.
Favorite Features
AWD, 2.5L turbo engine, great interior, well built, well equipped for the price
Suggested Improvements
Subaru needs to address the hesitation issues in its 2.5L turbo engines or they will lose loyal customers like me. Otherwise a premium stereo should be offered. Why no nav with the manual gearbox? The stock RE-092 tires are junk.
By canoy07
on 05/06/11 16:57 PM (PDT)

when you say engine hesitation, do you mean turbo lag? And during that time between 3-4K RPM, what gear are you on when you noticed the hesitation?