2007 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: From a Critic

2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

From a Critic
By Matt on

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I tend to be critical, so I expect this is a fair review. The car is great. It has flaws, but I would buy it again. I test drove over 20 models before my purchase. I drove this car three separate times. The engine is superb for a four cylinder. A four cylinder will never feel like six, but the Legacy responds with excellence for the category. 2.5 liter, and it feels like it. Pickup is responsive and full enough to keep my ego satisfied. Handling is good - but not perfect. The steering is slightly sensitive at higher speed. The suspension is tight, it may seem rough over the potholes. It is details that make it. Great value. This is not a cookie cutter car.

Symmetrical AWD. Clearly this is an advantage over any other vehicle, outside the military. It's not "everyone else's car". It is different, and still very tasteful. It looks great. Interior is very good. Nice extras for the money. Good engine sound. Wheels are nice. Heated wipers/mirrors/seats.

The child seat latches have notable plastic squares - four of them - on the back seats. It detracts greatly from an otherwise excellent leather package. Interior door handles. I really like the look, but they are slightly in the way of the power controls. The placement of the trunk latch.