2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2007 Legacy Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Sort Reviews by

Fun
By SoloK

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded in a BMW 3 series wagon that, compared to the Legacy GT, drives like a truck. My daughter has an Audi A4 and that also does not compare. This car is more fun than any car I have owned. It accelerates wonderfully and handles well. It is very nimble and agile. I don't mind running errands because the car is so fun. There are some niceties that the BMW did have - like memory seats and mirrors - that this car is missing, but well worth the trade off. Best with a manual transmission.

Favorite Features

The driving itself. Nice leather interior, understated design.

Suggested Improvements

The climate system is tricky. AC almost always goes on with Auto feature. I find it hard to get the climate system to do what I want. Also the famous Subaru seatbelt beeping - annoying! The gas mileage could be better given this a 4 cylinder.

Legacy GT
By marcon33

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The real fun with this vehicle can be found on winding roads around Mt Rainier where the Supersport mode provides some real g forces. The other place is on open country roads free of risk where you can wind up that boxer engine in sport mode. It is a real surprise to passengers when they get pressed in the seat for 5 or 6 seconds with its most excellent acceleration. Of course, it is the manual transmission that makes it so fun.

Favorite Features

The look of the vehicle, it attract the attention of people who know cars.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was somewhere to rest my right hand.

Great car with one big issue
By Don

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned a couple of Subarus in the past few years and they've all been great cars. My 07 Legacy GT is just as good in many ways. I love this car, but after reading the other reviews I thought the issue of the "dip" / hesitation / stutter needs to be mentioned. Before you buy a new or used Legacy GT with the 2.5L turbo engine, be sure to take a thorough test drive and make sure you don't have the same issue many owners of the 2005 - 2008 MY Legacy GT experience. If you notice a very pronounced engine hesitation or bucking while accelerating between 3-4K RPMs, move on and find another Legacy GT. So far Subaru has not been able to fix this issue and I have just filed a lemon law claim.

Favorite Features

AWD, 2.5L turbo engine, great interior, well built, well equipped for the price

Suggested Improvements

Subaru needs to address the hesitation issues in its 2.5L turbo engines or they will lose loyal customers like me. Otherwise a premium stereo should be offered. Why no nav with the manual gearbox? The stock RE-092 tires are junk.

Impressed
By new subaru owner

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After test driving everything from the new BMW 3 series and infiniti G to the Mazda Speed6, my wife settled on this car. I can't blame her as the performance was better than most of the "luxury" comparisons at almost $10,000 savings. The interior build is also very efficient, comfortable, and surprisingly attractive. While this car wont turn heads like other cars on looks alone, it will turn heads when the HP takes over. Great crash test ratings as an added incentive. Standard all wheel drive is also much needed in our New England home.

Favorite Features

Performance, AWD, handling, acceleration, interior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Sportier exterior, more intuitive climate control.

07 Legact GT, 5spd Man
By JP

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am thoroughly satisfied and very impressed with my new Legacy. The car received a glowing review from NHSTA testing and that really adds to my peace of mind. This car is the perfect sleeper, very understated yet beautiful. You'd never guess what kind of performance it was capable of.

Favorite Features

I love the excellent power, fit and finish and well laid out interior. However my favorite feature(s) relates to safety. The AWD plus the 5 star crash rating was a major selling point for me. I have 3 year whose safety is first.

Suggested Improvements

The dual climate control needs an easy way to link the passenger and driver controls when there is no passenger.

Amazing!
By J Franceschi

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just got rid of a Mercedes, and what a difference! The Subaru is sooo much faster. The build quality is excellent - almost Lexus-like and the Subie is very comfortable too. This car holds the road like it was glued there and the clutch is really smooth. The turbo is really fun and Consumer Reports has given the Legacy great reliability ratings. I test drove the MazdaSpeed6 and there was no comparison. Edmunds compared them also and preferred the Mazda, but if you're looking for fun AND great reliability and build quality go for the Legacy. It beats the Mazda hands down in the quality department.

Favorite Features

Very attractive exterior and interior. Great turbo motor and clutch. Overall everything is great; there are a few annoying details. This car is also supposed to be reliable and I hope it will be!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo. I wish that Subaru would offer a factory upgraded sound system; every other car company does. (In this category the Mazda wins because of its great Bose sound system). Also, the car makes an annoying sound when you're not buckled up, even when the car is in neutral. Otherwise, an amazing car!

Love my Legacy!
By M Winkler

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We have the 2007 Legacy with SI-Drive (Subaru Intelligent Drive), which gives the engine 3 modes: Intelligent (great for around town and best fuel economy) Sport, standard mode, and Sport Sharp, which gives it better performance for sport driving. This car handles great, fun to drive, looks awesome, and came with XM installed. You get so much for your money with this car. We are very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Interior amenities, XM, moonroof, looks hot, leather seats hug you in place.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to report yet.