Used 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Fun
By SoloK

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded in a BMW 3 series wagon that, compared to the Legacy GT, drives like a truck. My daughter has an Audi A4 and that also does not compare. This car is more fun than any car I have owned. It accelerates wonderfully and handles well. It is very nimble and agile. I don't mind running errands because the car is so fun. There are some niceties that the BMW did have - like memory seats and mirrors - that this car is missing, but well worth the trade off. Best with a manual transmission.

The driving itself. Nice leather interior, understated design.

The climate system is tricky. AC almost always goes on with Auto feature. I find it hard to get the climate system to do what I want. Also the famous Subaru seatbelt beeping - annoying! The gas mileage could be better given this a 4 cylinder.

Legacy GT
By marcon33

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The real fun with this vehicle can be found on winding roads around Mt Rainier where the Supersport mode provides some real g forces. The other place is on open country roads free of risk where you can wind up that boxer engine in sport mode. It is a real surprise to passengers when they get pressed in the seat for 5 or 6 seconds with its most excellent acceleration. Of course, it is the manual transmission that makes it so fun.

The look of the vehicle, it attract the attention of people who know cars.

I wish there was somewhere to rest my right hand.

Great car with one big issue
By Don

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned a couple of Subarus in the past few years and they've all been great cars. My 07 Legacy GT is just as good in many ways. I love this car, but after reading the other reviews I thought the issue of the "dip" / hesitation / stutter needs to be mentioned. Before you buy a new or used Legacy GT with the 2.5L turbo engine, be sure to take a thorough test drive and make sure you don't have the same issue many owners of the 2005 - 2008 MY Legacy GT experience. If you notice a very pronounced engine hesitation or bucking while accelerating between 3-4K RPMs, move on and find another Legacy GT. So far Subaru has not been able to fix this issue and I have just filed a lemon law claim.

AWD, 2.5L turbo engine, great interior, well built, well equipped for the price

Subaru needs to address the hesitation issues in its 2.5L turbo engines or they will lose loyal customers like me. Otherwise a premium stereo should be offered. Why no nav with the manual gearbox? The stock RE-092 tires are junk.

Impressed
By new subaru owner

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After test driving everything from the new BMW 3 series and infiniti G to the Mazda Speed6, my wife settled on this car. I can't blame her as the performance was better than most of the "luxury" comparisons at almost $10,000 savings. The interior build is also very efficient, comfortable, and surprisingly attractive. While this car wont turn heads like other cars on looks alone, it will turn heads when the HP takes over. Great crash test ratings as an added incentive. Standard all wheel drive is also much needed in our New England home.

Performance, AWD, handling, acceleration, interior looks.

Sportier exterior, more intuitive climate control.

07 Legact GT, 5spd Man
By JP

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am thoroughly satisfied and very impressed with my new Legacy. The car received a glowing review from NHSTA testing and that really adds to my peace of mind. This car is the perfect sleeper, very understated yet beautiful. You'd never guess what kind of performance it was capable of.

I love the excellent power, fit and finish and well laid out interior. However my favorite feature(s) relates to safety. The AWD plus the 5 star crash rating was a major selling point for me. I have 3 year whose safety is first.

The dual climate control needs an easy way to link the passenger and driver controls when there is no passenger.