2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Great Car
By Legacy Owner on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After logging 47,500 miles, I can say that this is a great car. I almost went with the Fusion, but am glad I purchased the Legacy instead. The AWD is great in the snow and the mp3 player input has helped me get through too many traffic jams. The only issue with the car is that it is a bit low on torque, but the manual shift mode mitigates that. Other than routine maintenance of changing tires, brakes, battery, and the other usual stuff all cars require, I had the interior door handle break in the dead of winter ($15 replacement). My gas mileage went from 23.5 mpg to 24.5-25 mpg after changing the tires from the stock set.

Nice car
By Mike P. on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I opted for the Limited edition prior to purchase after reading complaints about seat comfort (and because I prefer leather). My Legacy is comfortable, has great handling, and is fun to drive. This is my first Subaru after years of Toyota vehicles. I love the AWD, and I will not be going back.

I will miss my Subaru
By Longtime Subie Owner on 05/19/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We leased this car after our previous Legacy was 11 years old. There was no doubt about the replacement. Wife's only requirement was color (Diamond Gray Metallic), and it had to have a spoiler. There was no doubt about getting another Legacy, and this car exceeded our expectations. Great handling, just enough power to be fun, manual shift mode, in-dash 6CD player... This car was great, but with a growing family it is just not big enough. Trading up to a Toyota Sienna AWD. I will miss owning such a reliable, low-maintenance car.

Fun to drive
By Loyal Subaru owner on 09/06/07 20:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love the dash setup and cup holders in the back. The car scoots even without all the turbo, and beats most from the stop light. Took a while for gas mileage to kick in, but once it hits the freeway it is pretty consistent 29 mpg. Love the average gas mileage gauge, it is accurate for the trip odometer. My new best friend is the heated seats, who'd have known.

Awesome Car
By Jake on 05/11/07 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have about 1900 miles on this car. The leather is beautiful. The driving performance is outstanding! Wonderful car for highway and city driving. Great maneuverability. Good sound system, not great radio reception. Excellent acceleration/horsepower. Gave up thoughts of the the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Wanted a smaller driver's car. This is it!

Great Car
By troy on 04/29/07 14:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, great engine, the interior is nearly perfect. Drives better than a Volvo and cheaper, but doesnt feel cheap. Fit and finish among the best.

From a Critic
By Matt on 11/18/06 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I tend to be critical, so I expect this is a fair review. The car is great. It has flaws, but I would buy it again. I test drove over 20 models before my purchase. I drove this car three separate times. The engine is superb for a four cylinder. A four cylinder will never feel like six, but the Legacy responds with excellence for the category. 2.5 liter, and it feels like it. Pickup is responsive and full enough to keep my ego satisfied. Handling is good - but not perfect. The steering is slightly sensitive at higher speed. The suspension is tight, it may seem rough over the potholes. It is details that make it. Great value. This is not a cookie cutter car.

Best of all...it's reliable!
By scott B on 10/14/06 04:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Not everyone needs AWD. If you do, you'd be hard-pressed to find a car that does AWD better than Subaru. I drive 40,000 miles a year, sometimes in snowy conditions, so I feel the AWD is important to have. The Subaru fuel economy combined with the Subaru reputation for engine longevity make this car appropriate for such high mileage. It's just a plus that it is so comfortable. My traveling partner has a BMW 330, and we both agree the Legacy is more comfortable...so much so that we never take the BMW on business trips. 31 mpg at 78 mph is very good for an automatic AWD...better than I would have guessed...and better than advertised. After 250,000 miles, I'll probably buy another one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.