2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Disappointed owner
By disappointed owner on 09/23/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel mileage for a 4 cyl. is very poor. Do not like the hesitation from start. Do not like the pulsating in fuel going down hill. Would much rather have my SUV back.

Mileage Improving
By blogan on 03/25/07 21:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Park Avenue I traded for this car reliably gave me 30+ mpg on the highway. Hated to give that up. Recently did my first long trip, NYC to Michigan and back. Kept up with traffic so above speed limit much of the trip and had fun doing it. Over 29 mpg round trip. Latest run to City and back, a 160 round trip on the expressway, got over 30 and was not taking it easy. Fuel economy is understated!

Loving It!
By blogan on 03/04/07 19:33 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just over 400 miles driven but love this car. SE with manual tranny. Fantastic acceleration in all gears. Taconic Parkway is very hilly and twisty. Accelerating up hill in 5th! Traded in a 3800 Buick six and have given up no power. Best handling I've ever had, including BMW 5, Mazda 626, and Celica GT. Great back support. Short throw shifter gets lots of bad press but this base tranny is wonderful. Very little downshifting needed, and upshifting is smooth and very rewarding. Loves to rev!

Subie junkie
By Ron on 11/14/06 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subaru experience was 16 years ago when my wife and I rented a new '90 Legacy Sedan to see if we wanted one. We ended up buying a '91 Legacy wagon (kept it until 2003...we sold it to a friend with 190,000 miles, they've put on another 30,000 with no problems). We then got an '04 Forester XS. My company has 3 Subies (2 '05 Imprezas and an '04 Forester X). My son has a '90 Legacy sedan with 205,000 miles and it still runs fine. My newest is the '07 Legacy sedan (I got tired of people borrowing my Forester, so I got one with a 5-speed thinking I can have it to myself!). So far, it's flawless...better ride and handling than the Imprezas and Foresters, also more head and leg room.

Still kind of amazed.
By Dan on 10/12/06 20:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a reliable, safe, affordable ($20k or under) car big enough to for 2 car seats (though this is not our primary family car) that didn't look & feel like every other car on the road. I drove the Civic & Rabbit, then the Outback Sport. The last was a little cramped, so the dealer suggested the Legacy. It's bigger, more powerful, with much nicer styling, and in a completely different class than the others. Looks great, and IIHS Gold crash test ratings. I got the '07 with the sport trim (fog lights and spoiler).

Very impressed!
By Michael&Mary on 08/27/06 17:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car without seeing one (saw pictures) and without test driving one. Big mistake! No way! This car is so much fun to drive. Plenty of power for a four cylinder even with the air conditioner on. Lots of leg room in the front, back might be a little tight for a tall person. Controls are simple and easy to find. Seats are comfortable and easy to maneuver. Radio is satisfactory. The safety features are excellent The car handles very well. Lots of car for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.