Used 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Legacy hasn't disappointed
By Penguins9

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this vehicle for almost three months and couldn't be happier. I have yet to drive in the snow, but overall handling is good. The interior has a nice sleek design with a nice sporty exterior. The most impressive aspect of this car is the smoothness on highways. After searching nearly six months for my newest purchase, I narrowed my search to the Legacy and Civic. I went with the Legacy because of price and AWD. In my two months, I have been extremely impressed with Subaru.

Favorite Features

A/C, handling, AWD, power mirrors, sleek exterior and tinted rear-view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Small trunk, power, gas mileage.

Legacy for a Legacy
By J

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car replaces my 1990 Legacy LS which lasted me 167,000 miles (until cracked engine block). '07 edition looks good, handles well, gets great mileage, has decent trunk space and is more peppier (w/2.5L) than my 1990 (w/2.0L). One quirk: car bucks at a certain rpm in all gears when when foot held steady on gas pedal on moderate downgrades (supposedly due to electronic gas pedal). Dealer says that's the way the car is designed. If you have a manual tranny, try this yourself, as this is supposedly common to all Legacy SIs. That said, I'd still rather have a 5 speed stick than an auto transmission.

Favorite Features

Split fold-down seats. I waited 6 years to buy until Subaru resurrected this feature. What took them so long? Moonroof, mpg/miles until need gas electronic display,

Suggested Improvements

More color options. Wanted the charcoal grey exterior but not offered on SI. Offer dark interior on all models. Not enough places to put stuff like sunglasses (armrest box inconvenient) and nothing in rear. Single CD/radio console doesn't allow upgrading. Small glovebox. No key for trunk release.