2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Oh but for the seats
By Paul on 05/26/10 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The legacy is a good proposition if you're expecting a kid and want basic transportation. It has one fatal flaw that is resulting in me getting rid of it: The seats. The seats are so uncomfortable that I would be prepared to take a loss on the car just to get out of it. My wife's rabbit is a much better vehicle in terms of comfort, despite its smaller size.

Great Midsize Wagon
By Bruce on 04/23/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've had this car about a month and have but about 1500 miles on it. On the NJ Turnpike it got about 31 MPG running at 70 mph and has been getting 22 in the city. Plenty of power, great handling, and practical layout. Much zippier and tighter on the road than the outback, plus better mileage. I bought this car for my wife to replace a minivan. We argue over who gets to drive it. My only gripes, only one power outlet on the dash area and that is inside the ash tray, so the tray must be open to power the radar detector. The porsche designed motor has plenty of power, but can be noisy at times. We have a large dog and she fits nicely in the back with three suit cases. Get one while you can.

The best in its class
By lyon on 04/13/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is without any doubt the best car in its class. Sure you can have an Altima, Camry, or Accord but they just don't offer much when all is said and done. My Subaru Legacy Special Edition offers more then the competition. Just looking at the car you can tell it's a driver's car. Every morning I can't wait to drive it. The engine feels like a V6 and with the trasmission in sport mode you can dust anyone off the line if you want to. The all wheel drive really makes a big difference. If you want to get on the car, it handles hard turns with ease. The level of perfomance can't be beat. A must-drive if you are in the market for a sedan at this pricepoint.

Couldn't be more pleased
By TJ on 12/10/06 20:04 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I used the Guaranteed Trade Program and swapped my 04 Forester 2.5X for a 07 2.5i Legacy Special Edition wagon. I loved the Forester dearly, but the Legacy is on another level -- crisper, tighter handling with a much smoother and more refined ride. And it's also considerably peppier than the Forester, which I wasn't expecting. I buy Subarus for their safety features, for the AWD, and for the reliability. Anything beyond that is gravy, and this Legacy pours it on. It's a very striking, very comfortable, very functional vehicle. An enormous moonroof, comfortable seats with nice upholstery; simple, uncluttered instrumentation -- all in all, it feels a lot more expensive than it actually was.

Drive this car
By WiscGuy on 11/22/06 15:18 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Subaru Legacy in October. Have the 4 door Sedan Special Edition Auto. It is a blast to drive. Passing performance is excellent. MPG is good for AWD car. Get mid 20's in city, 30 or just under on highway. Very quiet inside and visibility out is perfect. New this year for sedan are 60/40 split fold down seats and mp3 aux input. Dash is easy to read, safety scores are tops. Interior is classy and well put together. There is a rattle or two however. Drive this car before buying any other mid-size sedan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.