Used 2007 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Odor from front hood during defogging
By Jay

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wouldn't mind if fuel economy was the only setback. I have odor problem. I am surprised I never read any complaints of this from Legacy owners??? During de-fogging operation, the air comes from the outside of the car, thru the front hood. I smell exhaust (?) odor. I went to the dealer and they said they found no problem. There is a rubber pad that isolates the air inlet of the hood from the engine compartment. I think this Legacy has a poor design on blocking odor from the engine area. I noticed other models (Acura, Toyota etc) have better isolation pads.

Favorite Features

AWD is probably one of the best around, but it seems other makers are catching up these days.

Oh but for the seats
By Paul

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The legacy is a good proposition if you're expecting a kid and want basic transportation. It has one fatal flaw that is resulting in me getting rid of it: The seats. The seats are so uncomfortable that I would be prepared to take a loss on the car just to get out of it. My wife's rabbit is a much better vehicle in terms of comfort, despite its smaller size.

Favorite Features

space in the back, handling.

Suggested Improvements

seats. Incredibly uncomfortable due to a design flaw that pushes the cushion against the spine.

Disappointed owner
By disappointed owner

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel mileage for a 4 cyl. is very poor. Do not like the hesitation from start. Do not like the pulsating in fuel going down hill. Would much rather have my SUV back.

Favorite Features

Does hold the road well.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage.

Reliable but uncomfortable
By wvfrontier

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive quite a distance to work everyday and wanted a reliable economical car. I got both those things in my Subaru legacy but what I didn't get was any comfort. The seats in the legacy are the most uncomfortable hard seats I have ever set in. You cannot stand to sit in them for more then 15 min. which makes going for long drives in this car unbearable.

Favorite Features

AWD, decent gas mileage, reliability

Suggested Improvements

MORE COMFORTABLE SEATS WITH BETTER MATERIAL.

Warranty Issues!
By Slitch

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The car performs as expected and I am generally pleased, but as soon as you have a warranty issue Subaru of America will look to weasel out. They immediately demand copies of receipts for oil changes and say that all turbo engines must be serviced as shown under severe service conditions regardless of how you drive. This is an obvious contraction to what the service manual states. An extended service contract is a must for the turbo, but still be prepared to duke it out when you try to use it! Research Subaru forums on warranty issues and read about all of the people getting jerked around. Consider with the added cost of the service contract, other awd makes might be a better purchase.

Favorite Features

The Navigation, AWD, Turbo Performance,

Suggested Improvements

Standing behind the Warranty!!!!!!!!!!!