2006 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Spec. B.

2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Spec. B.
By Roger Wickersham on

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking at the Audi A3 or A4 and the Cadillac CTS and then I drove the Legacy and knew I'd found the right car. It's beautifully finished with maroon leather seats (I think they call it 'Dark Brick'). My car is the Spec. B version and the handling is the best of any car I've ever owned. Very predictable and agile, but not jarring like my old Trans Am. It's also nice to know it was made in Indiana. I appreciate that. I've been as far as Iowa in the car and really never got tired of the driving.

Build quality is excellent. Driving quality, steering, braking and handling are top notch. The navigation system (which I didn't think I'd use) turns out to be terrific, very helpful on trips both long and short.

I'd like a little better mileage, but this is the most powerful car I've owned so I can't complain too much. It gets about 18-19 mpg in town and 25+ on long trips with the cruise control running things. Before the engine got broken in, it got about 16 mpg in town, but that was only temporary.