2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Black Int. Consumer Review - Good, solid, fun car

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

Good, solid, fun car
By Jon on

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So far so good with 53k on the odometer. First time I have purchased a car used and it has worked out so far. I imagine that this would be a great everyday car for a middle-aged male not looking to sacrifice performance for everyday drivability. However, I bought this car with other intentions. With a few thought-out upgrades, you can turn this car into one heck of a ride. For about 1k you can keep up with a standard WRX, and for around 2.5k, you can run circles around an STi. A comfortable car on long trips and a a road demon when it wants to be (after a few tweaks.) Given that it holds up, I hope to have it for many years.

Favorite Features

2.5 L turbo. heated seats, sunroof, great platform to modify, cheap insurance, the fact that it's not an STi!

Suggested Improvements

Re-design the audio system to allow for mp3/ipod capabilities (which they did in the 07 and after years). give more power from the factory, no reason to detune an engine so capable..