2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Ivory Int. Consumer Review - Great Find!

2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5 GT Limited Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Ivory Int.)

Great Find!
By Daniel on

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Ivory Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Subaru and I am very happy with the car. I have had many cars and this one is outstanding. No issues at all in the first 1K miles. I have always had "high-end" cars such as Infinitis, Acuras and Saabs and the dealer experience from these companies gets you spoiled. The "Subaru experience" only reminds me this is not a premium line car "yet" ... feel like I am back at a Honda dealership. Oh well, the car is still stick and a wonderful Japanese sports sedan. I was able to get the GT Limited which keeps one in comfort. Car handles VERY well, turbo is wonderful and allowed me to go from my Saab 9-5 Aero without crying too much; the 250hp AWD was the factor! VERY HAPPY!

Favorite Features

I love the design, looks great from ALL angles, gauges on the GT are COOL, heated seats work well, dual exhaust is upscale, dash storage pocket is nice, love the 17" wheels, I like that that rocker panel is body color matched, frameless doors make for easy access in the garage at home.

Suggested Improvements

Keep hitting the cruise control button with my right knee when turning. Driver's floor mat needs to be better fitted to avoid it moving to the left. Seats seems to lack quality, already making noise at 915 miles. Warranty should be 4yrs/50K. LATCH is hard to access; rear seats should fold down.