2006 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Best Kept Secret in Affordable

2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Special Edition Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Best Kept Secret in Affordable AWD Sedan
By Steve on

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After four Audi's, I wasn't in the game for another overpriced, high maintenance, and problematic German sedan. I also wasn't in the market for the terrible handling and riding Accord or Camry. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the Legacy; very good power, excellent ride, and great build quality. After a few weeks, it has exceeded all expectations I've had; it rides great; with a very good balance of ride quality to handling, has strong pulling power, looks great, and is very comfortable. Also, the dealer is great, no "high end car" attitude. If you're considering a Camry, Accord, Passat, A3, or A4 - do yourself a favor and test drive a Legacy - you'll be glad you did.

Favorite Features

Overall styling, strong/smooth engine, great ride and handling, balanced feel from AWD, fit and finish and materials, comfort of seats. SUBARU RELIABILITY!

Suggested Improvements

Better interior lighting (dome light should activate lighting in front seats as well as the center dome), retained accessory power, deeper note horn, remote functions built into folding key, offer Limited model with 5 speed transmission.