Never Regretted Choice
By Sue In Penn on
2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
My first Subaru was a 2000 Outback Wagon which I traded in after 115,000 miles (but was still performing fine). I did not hesitate to get another Subaru but I wanted something different so I got the Legacy sedan. It handles so great in fast curves that it makes me feel like a professional driver. As with the Outback, I've learned to absolutely love driving in the snow and despite driving a 70 mile roundtrip commute (in Pennsylvania) I've never missed a day of work due to snow. I work at a hospital and am on-call and have to have a reliable way to quickly arrive following an emergency call in and this car has never let me down. I've passed many stranded vehicles... even big SUVs.
Favorite Features
AWD. Beautiful style gets compliments from young and old. Handles like a dream. Heated seats, wiper de-icers, and heated side view mirrors. Excellent paint finish. Fabulous bargain when compared to comparable cars. Fuel economy (average 27.5 mpg mixed). A real smart car.
Suggested Improvements
Seats are still uncomfortable, especially on long trips. They should be roomier. Road noise and bumpy ride (both improved with different brand tire). BIG problem: snow gets caught in wheels, freezes and then causes tire misalignment and steering wheel shakes horribly. This with Outback also.