2006 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Most Underrated Sports Sedan

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

Most Underrated Sports Sedan
By Legacywoman on

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for over 4 months and I couldn't be happier. It handles like a sports sedan that costs over $10K more. The gas mileage is very impressive as I get about 28 mpg combined city and highway and I drive mostly city. The real deal on this car was the price. Subaru had a promotion which gave me back $2000 cash. I bought the car for under $20K. I checked out the Toyota Camry (2007) and the Honda Accord (2006). The Camry reminded me of a Ford Taurus and the Accord was much more expensive equally equipped. Once I drove the Subaru, I realized the AWD is a must have feature and you cannot find a car anywhere that has AWD that is a sports sedan for this price. A real steal!

The AWD, the cloth upholstery, the moonroof and the boxer engine. It rides like a sports car, but is very comfortable and roomy for a family. The trunk is also very large for a car this size. I also like the auto-dimming mirror/compass and arm rest extension as options. It adds comfort.

The 2007 model has fold down seats, and pre-wiring for satellite radio. Although, none of these features were necessary for me, I think these (2) enhancements were needed to compete with the Accord and Camry. It would be nice if Subaru had a hybrid model in the Legacy.