2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Just drive one

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just drive one
By sonny123 on

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have just spent the last two days driving my wife's new Legacy SE. It is IMHO significantly more refined and just plain fun to drive than either my own '01 Infinity or the new '07 Camry, '06 Accord and '06 Sonata v6 which I have driven on real test drives in various conditions. With the SE auto, on a 600 mile road trip, just notched 29 mpg in mixed driving (80% hwy) and itís a hoot to drive on back roads. The all wheel drive and excellent balance makes you want to search for reasons to take the roads less traveled, even in the base SE.

Favorite Features

Drivetrain is wonderful. The non turbo is not a powerhouse but it is as smooth as silk, loves to rev, and is game on the curves. Balance and suspension are far from the norm in a family sedan. It makes the Accord 4 cylinder feel like a Buick when driven back to back.

Suggested Improvements

Frankly this car is just superb for the money. Time will tell on the reliability but Subaru's have a solid rep for that.