Everything I expected and more.
By Pete on
2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This is my third Subaru because, they're reliable, safe, versatile and somewhat fun to drive. In the winter, I just love strolling past numerous cars & SUVs that can't handle slippery roads. The Limited edition is fun on exit ramps at 55 mph. Those tires stick like glue. Accelerate instead of braking and see how fast you can go. The car will go faster in the corners than you're willing to go. Oh yeah, I love the side curtain air bags being there, just in case. 30 mpg Hwy in summer time, about 27 mpg hwy in winter. The wagon is bigger than friends mini SUVs, fits a lot of stuff. 116K so far, no big problems. Do your own brake jobs, their easy to do and cheap, $55 for all 4 wheels.
Favorite Features
AWD, Moon Roof, Wagon versatility, safety, reliability and durability. The cornering best I've ever had for the $. Assembled in USA was nice too.
Suggested Improvements
Auto-Transmission clunks into gears at times. Automatic climate controls always uses A/C for defogging when using he heater would save fuel economy. Acceleration hesitation is annoying. Throttle response is slow. Sun visor doesn't cover corner of window and sun gets through. Requires annoying adj.