2006 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: A "poorman's Porsche" 4 wheel

2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Special Edition Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

A "poorman's Porsche" 4 wheel wagon?
By Multisport transport on

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

4 years and 75,400 miles and it's still a blast to drive. Very reliable except wheel bearing issues on both the front and rear passenger side wheels. Extended warranty actually paid off. (Had a costly transmission fiasco with prior Volvo all wheel Cross Country) Broke even this time. Combines practicality and style, costs less than an Honda Accord, handles better than VW Passat and offers the all wheel drive of an Audi A4 wagon which costs $15,000 more. I bought a Harley Davidson Nightrod with the savings. The long wagon roof line and additional interior space provides versatility for carrying gear for family vacations and outdoor adventures. Decent MPG range of 23 town & 30 on highway.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive handling, huge sunroof, good stock sound system, very practical for carrying camping gear& weekend warrior toys, awesome in rain & snow; it loves to play outside as much as I do and very capable of transporting my wife, 2 kids, luggage in safety and style. Prudent "Porsche" station wagon

Suggested Improvements

Improve the fit of plastic pieces in the front cabin area. Especially the door handle, and around the steering column. As the weather gets cold, start to hear creaks, rattles, and groans and I know it's not my aging bones and joints. Improve cabin soundproofing to insulate from road noise.