2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Black Int. Consumer Review - A Great Car

2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

2.5 GT Limited Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Black Int.)

A Great Car
By Jim V on

I bought this car as a replacement to my 1999 Audi A4. While this car does not drive quite as nice as the A4, the way it drives still "feels" very German. And if this Legacy's reliability remains as solid as reported for all Legacys by Edmunds and other sites - I will continue to be very happy with this vehicle. It gives you almost all the best of higher end German cars with the reliability of a Subaru. It is so fun to drive. My only complaint is the quality of the leather interior. It just seems like the seats are starting to wear already. They don't have the same quality finish as the A4's seats. Other than that, I am a very happy Legacy GT owner.

Favorite Features

The throaty turbo boxer engine tied to the tight 5 speed manual gear box. The simple German car-like design of the dashboard. The tight suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Subaru should consider producing a Legacy GT w/out the Turbo engine to improve gas mileage. The quality and workmanship of the leather seats could be improved.