2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Excellent Vehicle for the Price
By RJTABBY on 03/24/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All I can say is wow! Though I know know they could beef up the engine as it is nearly identical to the STI engine with that 300 HP. Though the Legacy has plenty of gitty up already I would like to see a little more beef under the hood. I can't say enough -- probably the best quality and the fastest car listed under $30,000.

2006 SUBARU LEGACY 2.5L SPECIAL EDITION
By aldo on 03/22/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've only owned Subarus and this is my 4th Subaru. I have to tell you that the 06 Legacy has been my favorite. It is one of the best body designs out there. Handling,quality and fun to drive.

First new car
By Frank on 03/01/06 17:52 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first NEW car. I saw it driving one day about 9 months ago and knew I had to get one. It's definitely a fun car to drive. The only bad thing I can think of is I have a squeaky drivers seat, but besides that I love it.

SPEC B is the car to buy
By SpecB on 02/19/06 23:12 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was comparing the A4 3.1, 330Xi, and the Legacy GT. I came home with the Spec B for $7-8K less money and very similar performance and comfort. Admittedly, the interior and luxury is a bit better in the A4 and Bimmer, but this is a great buy! Test drive the GT and you'll see. It is a great drive, fun and responsive.

An Excellent Choice
By John on 02/18/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research about the Subaru Legacy before buying. I previously owned a Mazda 6, but I found that it did not perform well in snow or even rain covered roads. My experience with my Subaru Legacy has been excellent. I live in the country with a lot of hills and my Legacy is very dependable in snowy weather. The all wheel drive technology is very impressive and I would not even consider owning a front wheel drive car again. I would definitely recommend people examine the Subaru Legacy when considering a car purchase. It feels safe and secure while driving and holds the road well in all types of weather.

Feeling good
By Subahonda on 02/15/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The interior is nicely detailed and very modern - the interior and exterior look like Subaru has tired cloning an Audi A4 wagon with some success. Best gas mileage so far is only 28 mpg on the highway - should improve with more miles on it. The non-turbo engine is much better than the older ones (my '95 Legacy is slower and less sporty) - certainly more than adequate for normal driving. The auto heat system is baffling and some things are missing that are in the competition (VSC, 5 or 6 speed auto, telescoping steering, auto up windows, integrated key fob). But the AWD trumps everything else - remarkable handling and control under any condition. Impressive crash test results from IIHS!

First Subie, not the Last!
By #280 / 500 on 02/14/06 04:17 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one exclusive car, the Legacy GT 2.5 spec-B! The color combo just drew me in. I love the restyle of the Legacy for 2005 and I'm glad they didn't change it. Subaru should have put in the 6 speed gear box of the STi and upped the horsepower of the spec-B higher than the standard Legacy GT's. Handling is just unreal. Corners on rails, even in the wet! The perfect combination of ride comfort and firmness.

Excellent car, but VIN problems
By subi2006 on 02/04/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car for the money. This is my second Legacy. Comparing to 2001 the 2006 model feels more sporty due to more powerful engine, sport mode transmission and low profile tires. The only drawback is that 2006 Special and Limited Editions share the first 7 digits in the VIN which are used by everyone to ID the car. As the result a 22K SE comes up as 25.3K Limited and the owner pays higher insurance premiums, property taxes, registration fees, etc. Ask me how I know.

Amazing All-Around Vehicle
By Andrew Milham on 02/03/06 22:27 PM (PST)

This vehicle has been excellent. I could not be happier with my choice. It's fun to drive, it has an upscale look and feel to it, a comfortable interior, excellent Subaru reliability (rated #1 by Consumer Reports several times), and a friendly and helpful enthusiast following. And perhaps most importantly, it has received the highest marks possible for vehicle safety from the IIHS.

Legacy GT, Thumbs-up!
By perrito on 02/03/06 17:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just walked away, actually, drove away in a new Legacy GT with auto (red/black leather). What an amazing car. The calm thrust, great handling, and sure-footedness of all wheel drive will be of comfort in my colder climate. It's fantastic - you have to test-drive it if you are in the market for a sporty sedan, and it is roomier than it appears.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.