2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
An Excellent Choice
By John on 02/18/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research about the Subaru Legacy before buying. I previously owned a Mazda 6, but I found that it did not perform well in snow or even rain covered roads. My experience with my Subaru Legacy has been excellent. I live in the country with a lot of hills and my Legacy is very dependable in snowy weather. The all wheel drive technology is very impressive and I would not even consider owning a front wheel drive car again. I would definitely recommend people examine the Subaru Legacy when considering a car purchase. It feels safe and secure while driving and holds the road well in all types of weather.

First Subie, not the Last!
By #280 / 500 on 02/14/06 04:17 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one exclusive car, the Legacy GT 2.5 spec-B! The color combo just drew me in. I love the restyle of the Legacy for 2005 and I'm glad they didn't change it. Subaru should have put in the 6 speed gear box of the STi and upped the horsepower of the spec-B higher than the standard Legacy GT's. Handling is just unreal. Corners on rails, even in the wet! The perfect combination of ride comfort and firmness.

Excellent car, but VIN problems
By subi2006 on 02/04/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car for the money. This is my second Legacy. Comparing to 2001 the 2006 model feels more sporty due to more powerful engine, sport mode transmission and low profile tires. The only drawback is that 2006 Special and Limited Editions share the first 7 digits in the VIN which are used by everyone to ID the car. As the result a 22K SE comes up as 25.3K Limited and the owner pays higher insurance premiums, property taxes, registration fees, etc. Ask me how I know.

Amazing All-Around Vehicle
By Andrew Milham on 02/03/06 22:27 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This vehicle has been excellent. I could not be happier with my choice. It's fun to drive, it has an upscale look and feel to it, a comfortable interior, excellent Subaru reliability (rated #1 by Consumer Reports several times), and a friendly and helpful enthusiast following. And perhaps most importantly, it has received the highest marks possible for vehicle safety from the IIHS.

Legacy GT, Thumbs-up!
By perrito on 02/03/06 17:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just walked away, actually, drove away in a new Legacy GT with auto (red/black leather). What an amazing car. The calm thrust, great handling, and sure-footedness of all wheel drive will be of comfort in my colder climate. It's fantastic - you have to test-drive it if you are in the market for a sporty sedan, and it is roomier than it appears.

Best vehicle I have ever had!
By Wade on 01/24/06 09:58 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru and not my last after this experience. I have had GM, Ford, Mercury, Chrysler, and Jeep in the past and this blows all of them away without a glimpse in the rear view mirror!

Great everyday car for anyone
By FMak on 01/17/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Rock solid feel, handles like a BMW, can't beat the AWD in bad weather. Plenty of power for everyday use, engine has the nice Subaru Boxer growl. If you want to fly, opt for the Turbo. The mileage is accurate if you go easy, when driven hard expect 20-23 MPG, if you cruise on a daily basis,expect 2-4 MPG more.

Rocket on wheels.
By dsmcarfan on 01/15/06 13:08 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Ivory Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Test drove Acura TL, Infiniti G35x, and the GT. Best feeling of raw power under control in a car. You don't accelerate in the vehicle, you launch from a standstill. I have not seen much in the way of turbo lag as others have reported. The car has plenty of passing power, and is all around a fun piece of machinery. It's not as refined as the TL or G35x, but is a good mix of performance and luxury features for a reasonable price.

Fun to Drive AWD commuter Sedan
By Tim on 01/08/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive. The very smooth boxer engine, is quite and powerful for a 4 cylinder 3,300 lb car. It handles excellent with the 205-50-17 tires. The car handles beautifully in the snow, pulls nice and straight.

ETC problems
By Jaime on 12/28/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The ETC hesitates when you are needing quick acceleration. This hesitation is a dangerous situation when you must accelerate now. I have had three situations with one very near miss serious accident due to vehicle hesitating when I needed to move quickly to get out of the way of another vehicle about to rear end me. Other than being dangerous it also takes the fun out of driving it as it contributes to poor performance. Subaru says it is a common complaint for the 2,5i. Really, aren't they concerned about the safety and welfare of the people in Subaru vehicles! This has been reported to the National Highway Traffic Safety Division. Don't buy this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.