2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Limited production car with great features
By BP on 04/28/06 08:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ultimate sedan sleeper! People underestimate this car's performance and it's wonderful to destroy that expectation. Smooth engine, transmission, and handling. Power is phenomenal for a 2.5L. Think STi but much more refined. This car rides very smooth and one would think that the suspension is too soft until you throw it in a corner. This car will amaze you how nimble and aggressive it can be when pushed. The interior cabin is very quiet and you never hear the engine strain. Fit and finish is top notch. For the price you will not find a more refined and powerful car on the market. I've only owned Hondas and I'm proud to say this car exceeded my expectations of Subaru; sorry Honda will miss you!

Great car!!!
By Shaun on 04/23/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car. I love everything about it. By the look of the back of it, you could easily mistake it for a BMW. It is very fun to drive. It has a ton of speed and takes corners very well. The radio is also very good! It sounds just about as good as a Bose! I would probably say this is the best car you can by for less than $50,000!

Fun to Drive and Reliable
By Charles in Bloomy on 04/19/06 22:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is very well designed and quite zippy, even with the automatic shifting. The lift to 175HP this model year was a good thing and the 4-banger boxer engine is very quiet and responsive. With the rise in gas prices, a hybrid model down the road would be very welcome indeed!

What a value
By firstimesubyowner on 04/16/06 04:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

For the money this car can't be beat. On highway, I'm on it a lot, 30 mpg. Comfortable ride, handles well in all types of weather. Car feels very tight and secure. Looked at many cars but I just couldn't beat the value. Paid $23,700 with everything but Nav. The sport shift is fun to use once in a while. I had an 2004 A4 as a company car but I like this car better.

Just drive one
By sonny123 on 04/15/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have just spent the last two days driving my wife's new Legacy SE. It is IMHO significantly more refined and just plain fun to drive than either my own '01 Infinity or the new '07 Camry, '06 Accord and '06 Sonata v6 which I have driven on real test drives in various conditions. With the SE auto, on a 600 mile road trip, just notched 29 mpg in mixed driving (80% hwy) and itís a hoot to drive on back roads. The all wheel drive and excellent balance makes you want to search for reasons to take the roads less traveled, even in the base SE.

I LOVE this car
By bashopoem on 04/13/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After researching and test-driving many of the cars in the LGT's class, including the Lexus IS350, I found that the Subaru LGT is hands-down the best deal out there. It handles better than the Lexus and Volvo S60R, is faster than both the BMW 3-series and the Audi A4, and costs thousands of dollars less than all of them. This car is a pleasure to drive. My only complaint is that the seats do not have a memory function, but that's small potatoes compared to everything you get for the price. I highly recommend you take one for a test drive.

WOW! I can't wait to drive to work
By ScottNevin on 04/06/06 21:52 PM (PDT)

What a car. Subaru as created a vehicle with attitude that doesn't flaunt it. I spent a year considering this new car purchase and I'm very pleased with my decision. This is a fast car with jet like g-producing acceleration. The interior is very nicely executed. The "cockpit" is a pilot's dream. The red instrumentation and electroluminescent dash are very comfortable for night driving. I'm glad I got the 5 speed gear box, the AT just shifts bizarrely. 60 MPH in 2nd gear, you bet. Don't buy this car for your teenager unless you like paying their speeding tickets! Fuel consumption runs at the lower end of the EPA ratings. Switch the display over to instantaneous MPG to get a real scare.

My Third Subaru
By Chimbotano on 04/01/06 21:47 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have never had a bad experience with a Subaru. The car handles extremely well and the ride is smooth.

Blam.
By Josh on 03/31/06 06:39 AM (PST)

I drove a Mazdaspeed6, and hands down there is no comparison. Always on AWD, it shifts power to the wheels that grip almost in anticipation of your next move. It is the soul of the WRX with the body of an executive. I added a blow-off valve. and turbo gauge so I knew what was going on under the hood, and 12-15psi at full throttle is what awaited. I get no lag with the new valve and even an extra couple miles per gallon. I may add sway bars to improve cornering, though a strut tower bar is almost out of the question given the arrangement of the intake.

Great Find!
By Daniel on 03/25/06 22:59 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Ivory Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Subaru and I am very happy with the car. I have had many cars and this one is outstanding. No issues at all in the first 1K miles. I have always had "high-end" cars such as Infinitis, Acuras and Saabs and the dealer experience from these companies gets you spoiled. The "Subaru experience" only reminds me this is not a premium line car "yet" ... feel like I am back at a Honda dealership. Oh well, the car is still stick and a wonderful Japanese sports sedan. I was able to get the GT Limited which keeps one in comfort. Car handles VERY well, turbo is wonderful and allowed me to go from my Saab 9-5 Aero without crying too much; the 250hp AWD was the factor! VERY HAPPY!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.