2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
True Sports Sedan under 30K
By Newbie on 09/11/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Ivory Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Subaru. It is a great handling and very quick sedan. A true sports sedan for thousands less than European competition. It is also not your everyday Accord/Camry. I shopped around comparing it to the Volvo S40, VW Passat, Acura TSX, Accord, Mazda 6, Mazda 3, and Hyundai Sonata. It offered the best combination of price, looks, and sportiness. It also offers typical Japanese reliability and ranked number one in crash tests (only car in class to have Gold seal). The 2.5 turbo engine was also voted as the best engine world wide in the 2.0 - 2.5 class.

Just a review
By smith on 09/05/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

With the chunky Toyo Garit HT winter snows this car handled very well in most of what a harsh Canadian winter could throw at it. A pleasure to drive in the summer as well with the huge moon roof open. Tight handling - great.

Subaru Legacy Special Edition 2006
By guyatherton on 08/24/06 09:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since buying a new 2006 Legacy wagon in January it has proven to be reliable, fun to drive, practical and has an understated elegance. It is a comfortable car for long journeys. Increased rear leg room would be useful but it is adequate for adults in the back. The load space is very useful and the rear seats easily fold down to open up a large load area. The rear trunk cover is also well engineered and easy to remove (unlike that in the Volvo V50). The dashboard is well designed and attractive however the silver painted plastic around the gear selector scratches easily. The four speed auto-box works well, although having a 5 speed unit would be appreciated.

Super-Ru
By rkmebane on 08/14/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I got it for my wife for her birthday gift and she loves it. The build quality is great. A very underrated Accord alternative. The AWD was the #1 selling feature for me. So far no problems, well one...I haven't been able to drive it because my wife won't let me.

Surprise on the Road
By funshe on 08/06/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking for a fun, manual transmission 4 door sedan, and had been ready to buy an Acura TL 6 speed. Read a review of all-wheel drive sport sedans, & the Spec B got a great review, so I checked it out. I've owned the car almost 4 months, and it is a blast to drive. I would have liked to have a 6-speed, and I know that the 2007 Spec B will have it, but the 5-speed is responsive, and I blow away BMW's and hemi Chryslers - the all wheel drive and low profile tires really stick. Seating is comfortable, although not as nice and encompassing as my BMW 540. The car is comfortable on longer (2-4 hour) drives, and the sound system is very good (no satellite radio however - a big miss!).

WOW, who knew.
By edub on 07/30/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have researched and test driven many cars over the past 6 months -- Honda Accord, Acura TL, VW Passat, Nissan Maxima, Infiniti G35, and a 2007 Toyota Camry -- in search for the car with performance, styling, at the best price. I would put my GT up against any of these other cars. Some had a few more options, but for much more money. I only have 450 miles on this car, and I feel like the kid looking in the candy shop window and someone just gave me a $20. I couldn't be happier. THIS CAR IS FAST. Very stylish. Subaru should be proud.

Fun to drive
By Jeanie on 07/21/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It's fun to drive and it rides and handles really well. Can't think of a single negative thing about it. I'll be a Subaru owner for a long time!

GT Limited review
By Candy Cunningham on 07/18/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

Overall, a great car for those who prefer high-performance than those who prefer vault-like quality. My GT can't compare to quality of Camry/Accord, but those are family cars, not driver's cars. This thing is fast, has AWD, and comes with every imaginable bell and whistle. People compare it to other $30K sedans, but, with incentives, you can get one for $26K, making it a bargain compared to BMW 325xi, Volvo S40 and Audi A4. Only cars that can keep up are BMW M3, Volvo S60R, and Audi S4 - all close to $50K. I've had a few things go wrong, but warranty covered them.

The Dragon Wagon
By Chad on 07/13/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this ride! You are pretty much getting a higher end sports car for under $30k. Takes corners very well, even with a case full of stuff on the racks, but still smooth over rougher roads. With the turbo and sport shift you can get around the slow driver on the two lane roads very quickly. Interior is tasteful, nothing gaudy inside. Lower profile and sleeker look than the Outback but still have the AWD. The ability to make some "simple" mods to maximize that boxer engine.

Excellent Craftsmanship
By tdg on 06/20/06 09:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I cannot believe that I don't see more of these on the road. This is the first vehicle I've bought and not had buyers remorse at all. Interior is wonderful: I like it more than my friend's Audi A4. 17 inch rims look great, and the ride is quiet, solid, and sure-footed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.