2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
True Sports Sedan under 30K
By Newbie on 09/11/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Ivory Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Subaru. It is a great handling and very quick sedan. A true sports sedan for thousands less than European competition. It is also not your everyday Accord/Camry. I shopped around comparing it to the Volvo S40, VW Passat, Acura TSX, Accord, Mazda 6, Mazda 3, and Hyundai Sonata. It offered the best combination of price, looks, and sportiness. It also offers typical Japanese reliability and ranked number one in crash tests (only car in class to have Gold seal). The 2.5 turbo engine was also voted as the best engine world wide in the 2.0 - 2.5 class.

Great Find!
By Daniel on 03/25/06 22:59 PM (PST)

This is my first Subaru and I am very happy with the car. I have had many cars and this one is outstanding. No issues at all in the first 1K miles. I have always had "high-end" cars such as Infinitis, Acuras and Saabs and the dealer experience from these companies gets you spoiled. The "Subaru experience" only reminds me this is not a premium line car "yet" ... feel like I am back at a Honda dealership. Oh well, the car is still stick and a wonderful Japanese sports sedan. I was able to get the GT Limited which keeps one in comfort. Car handles VERY well, turbo is wonderful and allowed me to go from my Saab 9-5 Aero without crying too much; the 250hp AWD was the factor! VERY HAPPY!

This car rips!
By Denny on 09/08/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

Subaru nailed it. 250 horses and it goes around a corner like it was glued to the road. I have yet to get the rear end to break loose around a tight corner, even at full throttle. Fast, but a very quite and smooth ride. One problem ... the seats are VERY uncomfortable. One hour on the road and you'll wish you were back in your cushy SUV. And its a little small for a big guy. The interior is beautiful. The finish is excellent and the shift paddles on the steering wheel are nice when traveling down steep mountain roads after a day skiing in the powder. Good choice on the wheels and tires too. The look of the car is pure stylin! Or as my kids often comment, "Dad, that car is money!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.