2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Reliability & a Great Driver Too!
By Ed on 10/22/06 17:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 44 & a driving enthusiast. I've owned many brands of cars. This Legacy combines the reliability & quality of a good Japanese brand with the driving feel of a European car. I traded in my VW Jetta and Audi A6 for this car and have never looked back. I was tired of the repair bills and inconvenience of the "down time", but thought I would miss the driving feel of those brands. Not so! The AWD makes the handling of this car very neutral, and the suspension soaks up bumps while remaining responsive. The steering has good feel and it's not too over-assisted. The normally aspirated engine revs easily and has plenty of power for daily driving & the 5 speed makes good use of it while adding fun.

Fun to drive
By Jeanie on 07/21/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It's fun to drive and it rides and handles really well. Can't think of a single negative thing about it. I'll be a Subaru owner for a long time!

Best Kept Secret in Affordable AWD Sedan
By Steve on 05/24/06 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After four Audi's, I wasn't in the game for another overpriced, high maintenance, and problematic German sedan. I also wasn't in the market for the terrible handling and riding Accord or Camry. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the Legacy; very good power, excellent ride, and great build quality. After a few weeks, it has exceeded all expectations I've had; it rides great; with a very good balance of ride quality to handling, has strong pulling power, looks great, and is very comfortable. Also, the dealer is great, no "high end car" attitude. If you're considering a Camry, Accord, Passat, A3, or A4 - do yourself a favor and test drive a Legacy - you'll be glad you did.

Great everyday car for anyone
By FMak on 01/17/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Rock solid feel, handles like a BMW, can't beat the AWD in bad weather. Plenty of power for everyday use, engine has the nice Subaru Boxer growl. If you want to fly, opt for the Turbo. The mileage is accurate if you go easy, when driven hard expect 20-23 MPG, if you cruise on a daily basis,expect 2-4 MPG more.

What a Car!
By Mike on 12/08/05 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

What a car! After 12 years and 195,000 miles I visited my local Suby dealer in hopes of replacing my 1993 Impreza with an '05 or '06 Impreza. The '93 served me well, and is still running great today. Instead I was floored by my original sighting of the 2006 Legacy. One drive and I was hooked. I passed on the Impreza and scooped up a beautiful Legacy 2.5i SE. 5 speed. Silver metallic with a great looking two tone black interior. This car hits the mark in almost every category. looks, great performer for its category, comfort and overall user friendly interior and controls. I ungraded the unit with a rear spoiler, and fog light package. People often mistake my little Suby for an Acura. Love it.

What I needed turned out to be fun too
By cwb on 09/15/05 20:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

With this car's handling and a stick, 175 horses on the back roads is fun. I needed a safe car for a 40 mile commute in CT. Sometimes to New Haven. Sometimes down the Saw Mill. It handles so well. My fun to drive rating is compared to others in this price range. I know it's not a Porsche but seriously this car can hold the road. My reliability rating is a SWAG based on previous Subaru ownership.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.