Used 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

They should charge more!
By lorraine

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car as a single lady and then got married and added a couple kids. It fits life! Sexy, fast and fun but safe and dependable enough to put your family in it! I can't say enough about this car. The power is nuts. I cant believe the handling and of course it looks amazing for such a reasonable price. Lots of trunk space too.

Favorite Features

1. Power 2. Safety 3. Reliabilty

Suggested Improvements

Larger backseat, eliminate the seatbelt chime

Superb All Weather Grand Touring Sedan
By Frank

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 06 Spec.B is superb all weather grand touring car. This car does everything well. The Bilstien suspension is simply amazing. Smooth while cruising and even better on rough roads and/or when driving enthusiastically. The 2.5 turboed boxer engine is powerful with very little turbo lag with a 5 speed manual transmission that is a near perfect match for the huge amount of torque available. I've owned her for 60k miles and I simply love every chance I get to drive her. With winter tires (or aggressive all seasons (the OEM ones are summer performance)), it will go through just about anything. For the money, the Spec.B is the greatest bang for your motoring buck in the automotive world.

Favorite Features

Suspension, engine, AWD, nav/info system, looks, interior. Mileage has been 28.2 over the last 5k miles. Excellent for such a powerful AWD vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

More interior storage and a little more oomph from the audio system.

Spec. B.
By Roger Wickersham

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking at the Audi A3 or A4 and the Cadillac CTS and then I drove the Legacy and knew I'd found the right car. It's beautifully finished with maroon leather seats (I think they call it 'Dark Brick'). My car is the Spec. B version and the handling is the best of any car I've ever owned. Very predictable and agile, but not jarring like my old Trans Am. It's also nice to know it was made in Indiana. I appreciate that. I've been as far as Iowa in the car and really never got tired of the driving.

Favorite Features

Build quality is excellent. Driving quality, steering, braking and handling are top notch. The navigation system (which I didn't think I'd use) turns out to be terrific, very helpful on trips both long and short.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like a little better mileage, but this is the most powerful car I've owned so I can't complain too much. It gets about 18-19 mpg in town and 25+ on long trips with the cruise control running things. Before the engine got broken in, it got about 16 mpg in town, but that was only temporary.

2006 Spec B review
By Todd

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Definitely not worth the extra money for a specB. Subarus are designed by engineers, not by people who actually use the cars on a daily basis. Would I buy another one again? No, with emphasis! Too many annoying and poorly thought out features.

Favorite Features

Good safety record

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel audio controls should skip through preset stations, not search for the next station. Eliminate the constant seat belt chime. Eliminate the "stutter" when accelerating. Make sure everyday drivers test the car before releasing it.

Excellent fun!
By JimHinCO

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I simply love everything about the car. Amazingly fun to drive, excellent performance, luxurious, unique, safe, and the envy of so many friends. I have a slight buzz from the sun roof from time to time, and I do wish it would have come in a color worthy of its flashiness...but amazing none-the-less.

Favorite Features

The navigation system is great at keeping my lead foot in check. I'm averaging 27 mpg...24 if I just race from light to light.

Suggested Improvements

All-season tires. The stock tires are good for summer or wet spring and autumns but NOT for snow in the winter.