2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
2006 Subaru Legacy Limited junk
By subarujunk on 02/20/14 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Head gasket needs replacement at 79,000 gentle miles!! $1800! Outrageous. It is apparently a very common problem, despite what ANYONE says about the issue having been resolved from 2005 and newer. I'd expect that from 1979 Chevy Chevette, not a 2006 Subaru Car is only mediocre at every level. My 1992 Camry (that I kept as a spare car till a couple years ago) did everything better (except for winter traction of course). Transmission shifts poorly (again, my 92 Camry shifted more smoothly and confidently). First and last Subaru. My Toyotas and Nissans have all gone over 250k and never needed a head gasket replacement. DON'T BUY A SUBARU!!

Never Regretted Choice
By Sue In Penn on 10/19/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first Subaru was a 2000 Outback Wagon which I traded in after 115,000 miles (but was still performing fine). I did not hesitate to get another Subaru but I wanted something different so I got the Legacy sedan. It handles so great in fast curves that it makes me feel like a professional driver. As with the Outback, I've learned to absolutely love driving in the snow and despite driving a 70 mile roundtrip commute (in Pennsylvania) I've never missed a day of work due to snow. I work at a hospital and am on-call and have to have a reliable way to quickly arrive following an emergency call in and this car has never let me down. I've passed many stranded vehicles... even big SUVs.

1 Year Review
By Troy on 07/05/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Subaru a year ago and gave it rave reviews, and I'm here to second the initial review. This car has been outstanding. I have had no problems whatsoever, and like it more each day. The leather still looks phenomenal, and I average around 28 mpg (highway and local combined - about equal parts). My only gripe is that this model year did not have an AUX jack for my iPod and lacked a folding rear seat, both of which have been rectified. Get one, you'll love it.

Oil change issues
By freogirl on 12/12/06 07:04 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love Subarus and I love this car. The interior is pretty sweet, so I wish the exterior would catch up. I think it looks too much like a Ford Contour from the front. But beware - we just had our first routine maintenance done and apparently the car's exhaust opening goes all around the outside of the oil cup, so when the oil is changed, residue gets in the exhaust and the fumes are overwhelming. I'm pregnant and can't drive the car until the smell goes away. The dealership told me its a design flaw that they were (hopefully) going to fix it on later models.

Excellent Craftsmanship
By tdg on 06/20/06 09:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I cannot believe that I don't see more of these on the road. This is the first vehicle I've bought and not had buyers remorse at all. Interior is wonderful: I like it more than my friend's Audi A4. 17 inch rims look great, and the ride is quiet, solid, and sure-footed.

I Dare You
By Kevin on 05/13/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Legacy sedan for about 5 months now and I dare you to find more car for the money. Top notch safety, beautiful interior (really, SO much less "cheap" feeling than Camry or Accord), very sporty exterior, strong engine, sure handling, tons of great standard features (never been a real car buff, but I love my 17" wheels!), and excellent predicted reliability -- all in the low to mid $20's. I have done a ton of car shopping lately (I am now looking for a new car for my wife; we'll probably get the Outback wagon) and nothing comes close to what you get for the price of this car.

What a value
By firstimesubyowner on 04/16/06 04:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

For the money this car can't be beat. On highway, I'm on it a lot, 30 mpg. Comfortable ride, handles well in all types of weather. Car feels very tight and secure. Looked at many cars but I just couldn't beat the value. Paid $23,700 with everything but Nav. The sport shift is fun to use once in a while. I had an 2004 A4 as a company car but I like this car better.

My Third Subaru
By Chimbotano on 04/01/06 21:47 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have never had a bad experience with a Subaru. The car handles extremely well and the ride is smooth.

First new car
By Frank on 03/01/06 17:52 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first NEW car. I saw it driving one day about 9 months ago and knew I had to get one. It's definitely a fun car to drive. The only bad thing I can think of is I have a squeaky drivers seat, but besides that I love it.

Legacy Limited Sedan, 2.5L 4 cylinder
By Steve05 on 10/12/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Car handling with AWD is great. Steering feel also very impressive with good suspension. Car rides solid and is comfortable. 175 HP engine provides sufficient low end torque.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.