2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
They should charge more!
By lorraine on 04/30/09 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car as a single lady and then got married and added a couple kids. It fits life! Sexy, fast and fun but safe and dependable enough to put your family in it! I can't say enough about this car. The power is nuts. I cant believe the handling and of course it looks amazing for such a reasonable price. Lots of trunk space too.

Superb All Weather Grand Touring Sedan
By Frank on 07/11/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 06 Spec.B is superb all weather grand touring car. This car does everything well. The Bilstien suspension is simply amazing. Smooth while cruising and even better on rough roads and/or when driving enthusiastically. The 2.5 turboed boxer engine is powerful with very little turbo lag with a 5 speed manual transmission that is a near perfect match for the huge amount of torque available. I've owned her for 60k miles and I simply love every chance I get to drive her. With winter tires (or aggressive all seasons (the OEM ones are summer performance)), it will go through just about anything. For the money, the Spec.B is the greatest bang for your motoring buck in the automotive world.

Spec. B.
By Roger Wickersham on 03/23/08 00:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking at the Audi A3 or A4 and the Cadillac CTS and then I drove the Legacy and knew I'd found the right car. It's beautifully finished with maroon leather seats (I think they call it 'Dark Brick'). My car is the Spec. B version and the handling is the best of any car I've ever owned. Very predictable and agile, but not jarring like my old Trans Am. It's also nice to know it was made in Indiana. I appreciate that. I've been as far as Iowa in the car and really never got tired of the driving.

2006 Spec B review
By Todd on 11/10/07 17:36 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Definitely not worth the extra money for a specB. Subarus are designed by engineers, not by people who actually use the cars on a daily basis. Would I buy another one again? No, with emphasis! Too many annoying and poorly thought out features.

Excellent fun!
By JimHinCO on 11/09/06 14:45 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I simply love everything about the car. Amazingly fun to drive, excellent performance, luxurious, unique, safe, and the envy of so many friends. I have a slight buzz from the sun roof from time to time, and I do wish it would have come in a color worthy of its flashiness...but amazing none-the-less.

Incredible Car!
By JimHinCO on 09/27/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I went from a 1999 Acura TL to this incredible machine. It gave me all the comfort of my TL (though the new ones are much nicer) but with all-wheel drive, a unique interior, and an amazing turbo engine that is just plain fun to drive. I'm averaging about 26 miles per gallon...excellent for an all-wheel drive with so much power.

Surprise on the Road
By funshe on 08/06/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking for a fun, manual transmission 4 door sedan, and had been ready to buy an Acura TL 6 speed. Read a review of all-wheel drive sport sedans, & the Spec B got a great review, so I checked it out. I've owned the car almost 4 months, and it is a blast to drive. I would have liked to have a 6-speed, and I know that the 2007 Spec B will have it, but the 5-speed is responsive, and I blow away BMW's and hemi Chryslers - the all wheel drive and low profile tires really stick. Seating is comfortable, although not as nice and encompassing as my BMW 540. The car is comfortable on longer (2-4 hour) drives, and the sound system is very good (no satellite radio however - a big miss!).

Be SPEC-tacular
By Max on 05/09/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently shopped for a Subaru Legacy GT, when the dealer offered an outstanding buy on his only spec.B. The combination of improved handling dynamics, navigation system and other features turned it into an irresistible buy. Any enthusiast who has driven the turbo GT Legacy knows that the 250 HP rating offered by Subaru is WAY low. Zero-to-60 in 5.3 (which this car does) means something more on the order of 275+ flywheel HP. Great performance, handling and all wheel drive make this a terrific buy!

Worth the $$
By Great Ride! on 05/08/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The spec.B is worth every penny over the 'normal' GT. The wheel/Bilstein suspension package works flawlessly and the upgraded interior is loved by all who see it. My wife traded in her 2000 Accord for it, we will never go back to the soulless Honda. The rush of the turbo spooling at 3 thousand makes it a rush to drive. My only worry is the number of speeding tickets the wife is going to pile up.

Limited production car with great features
By BP on 04/28/06 08:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ultimate sedan sleeper! People underestimate this car's performance and it's wonderful to destroy that expectation. Smooth engine, transmission, and handling. Power is phenomenal for a 2.5L. Think STi but much more refined. This car rides very smooth and one would think that the suspension is too soft until you throw it in a corner. This car will amaze you how nimble and aggressive it can be when pushed. The interior cabin is very quiet and you never hear the engine strain. Fit and finish is top notch. For the price you will not find a more refined and powerful car on the market. I've only owned Hondas and I'm proud to say this car exceeded my expectations of Subaru; sorry Honda will miss you!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.