2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Everything I expected and more.
By Pete on 08/07/10 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Subaru because, they're reliable, safe, versatile and somewhat fun to drive. In the winter, I just love strolling past numerous cars & SUVs that can't handle slippery roads. The Limited edition is fun on exit ramps at 55 mph. Those tires stick like glue. Accelerate instead of braking and see how fast you can go. The car will go faster in the corners than you're willing to go. Oh yeah, I love the side curtain air bags being there, just in case. 30 mpg Hwy in summer time, about 27 mpg hwy in winter. The wagon is bigger than friends mini SUVs, fits a lot of stuff. 116K so far, no big problems. Do your own brake jobs, their easy to do and cheap, $55 for all 4 wheels.

2006 2.5i Limited Edition Legacy Wagon
By Chris Moth on 07/05/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great family wagon. Very efficient for all wheel drive (30MPGhighway - and even slightly higher at times). Prior to this car we owned a '98 Outback, and an '89 Justy before that. Please bring back the weather radio. We miss that from the Outback! The cockpit is very sporty - but my and my wife's leg runs into the handbrake. It needs to be moved out of the way.

Just a review
By smith on 09/05/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

With the chunky Toyo Garit HT winter snows this car handled very well in most of what a harsh Canadian winter could throw at it. A pleasure to drive in the summer as well with the huge moon roof open. Tight handling - great.

Lovin it so far
By Dave on 06/15/06 22:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Looks and feels like a European sport wagon, but with Japanese reliability. I cross shopped the Mazda 6 and used BMW 3-series wagons. This was the best value in the bunch. The BMW was a little smoother and a little tighter on the road, but not by much. And it cost $10k more new. This car was the value point. I considered a GT, but did the math and it has a life cycle cost of about $10,000 more over the life of the vehicle. I don't need the extra power that much. Others might, it's a personal thing I guess. After about two weeks and one road trip I got nuthin but smiles. Handles great, feels good.

First impressions 06 2.5i Wagon
By dave on 06/13/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had it for a week or so now and taken one road trip. I cross-shopped against a Mazda 06 and a used BMW 3 series (I could get an 02 for around the same price). Compared to the BMW it wasn't quite as nice and the engine wasn't quite as smooth, but it was surprisingly close. Throw in the difference in cost and the Subaru was the value point. I also considered the GT. With the lower mileage, the higher purchase price and the need for premium fuel and the softer tires, the GT cost an additional $10k over the life of the vehicle. May be worth it for some, but not me. I've found the handling great. Acceleration was adequate, but not fantastic. I love the interior. A fun to drive car.

Feeling good
By Subahonda on 02/15/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The interior is nicely detailed and very modern - the interior and exterior look like Subaru has tired cloning an Audi A4 wagon with some success. Best gas mileage so far is only 28 mpg on the highway - should improve with more miles on it. The non-turbo engine is much better than the older ones (my '95 Legacy is slower and less sporty) - certainly more than adequate for normal driving. The auto heat system is baffling and some things are missing that are in the competition (VSC, 5 or 6 speed auto, telescoping steering, auto up windows, integrated key fob). But the AWD trumps everything else - remarkable handling and control under any condition. Impressive crash test results from IIHS!

Comfortable, Economical and Reliable
By Dan on 11/14/05 15:54 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Subaru Legacy Wagon. I opted for all the features except the turbo and couldn't be happier with my choice. 87 Octane gas yielded 30mpg hwy over 380 miles on my last road trip. Acceleration is more than adequate and the manual shift feature allows for passing when needed. The seats provide a comfortable driving position for extended periods. The cabin is spacious -- made more so by light from the giant sunroof -- and also very quiet at highway speeds. the steering is well weighted -- the car feels nimble and lighter than it is. Overall this car provides comfortable and economical transportation with a host of features and quality thats unmatched for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.