Used 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

True Sports Sedan under 30K
By Newbie

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Ivory Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Subaru. It is a great handling and very quick sedan. A true sports sedan for thousands less than European competition. It is also not your everyday Accord/Camry. I shopped around comparing it to the Volvo S40, VW Passat, Acura TSX, Accord, Mazda 6, Mazda 3, and Hyundai Sonata. It offered the best combination of price, looks, and sportiness. It also offers typical Japanese reliability and ranked number one in crash tests (only car in class to have Gold seal). The 2.5 turbo engine was also voted as the best engine world wide in the 2.0 - 2.5 class.

Favorite Features

Engine! All wheel drive is a great feature. Responsive handling. Unique exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Longer warranty (4yr/50k). Back seat should fold down. Fuel economy needs improvement. Cheap simulated wood needs to go.

Great Find!
By Daniel

This is my first Subaru and I am very happy with the car. I have had many cars and this one is outstanding. No issues at all in the first 1K miles. I have always had "high-end" cars such as Infinitis, Acuras and Saabs and the dealer experience from these companies gets you spoiled. The "Subaru experience" only reminds me this is not a premium line car "yet" ... feel like I am back at a Honda dealership. Oh well, the car is still stick and a wonderful Japanese sports sedan. I was able to get the GT Limited which keeps one in comfort. Car handles VERY well, turbo is wonderful and allowed me to go from my Saab 9-5 Aero without crying too much; the 250hp AWD was the factor! VERY HAPPY!

Favorite Features

I love the design, looks great from ALL angles, gauges on the GT are COOL, heated seats work well, dual exhaust is upscale, dash storage pocket is nice, love the 17" wheels, I like that that rocker panel is body color matched, frameless doors make for easy access in the garage at home.

Suggested Improvements

Keep hitting the cruise control button with my right knee when turning. Driver's floor mat needs to be better fitted to avoid it moving to the left. Seats seems to lack quality, already making noise at 915 miles. Warranty should be 4yrs/50K. LATCH is hard to access; rear seats should fold down.

This car rips!
By Denny

Subaru nailed it. 250 horses and it goes around a corner like it was glued to the road. I have yet to get the rear end to break loose around a tight corner, even at full throttle. Fast, but a very quite and smooth ride. One problem ... the seats are VERY uncomfortable. One hour on the road and you'll wish you were back in your cushy SUV. And its a little small for a big guy. The interior is beautiful. The finish is excellent and the shift paddles on the steering wheel are nice when traveling down steep mountain roads after a day skiing in the powder. Good choice on the wheels and tires too. The look of the car is pure stylin! Or as my kids often comment, "Dad, that car is money!

Favorite Features

The acceleration, the wheel/tires, the cool dashboard tach and speedometer, the sport shifter, shape of the car and the elegance of the interior finish.

Suggested Improvements

Need more comfortable seats. They are rock hard.