2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Wagon That Will Beat

2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

2.5 GT Limited Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

The Wagon That Will Beat Your Pants Off
By DKNY on

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The GT is a great vehicle in many ways. It's fun to drive, practical, reasonably sized and sensibly priced. Subaru reliability is excellent (I previously owned an Impreza). After 3 months and 9,000 miles driven I still enjoy my car, only occasionally thinking about the Audi A4 Avant 2.0T 6M that I passed up. The Legacy is faster, roomier, more reliable and less expensive. However, the Legacy does lack some standard and optional features that I would like in a car (which are available on the A4 and the Volvo V50): xenon headlights, vehicle stability control, satellite radio, MP3 capability, adaptive cruise control, headlight washers, full size spare tire, seat/mirror memory are all N/A.

Favorite Features

Incredibly powerful engine, sporty handling, comfortable highway ride, attractive interior and exterior, excellent visibility all around, supersized moonroof, dual zone climate control, trip computer.

Suggested Improvements

Highway fuel economy unimpressive (6th gear would be nice), moonroof cover squeaks, stiffer suspension would make this a true performance sport wagon, upgraded stereo (MP3/satellite), HID headlights with washers needed, OEM tires awful in wet, stability control needed, short-throw shifter a must.