The Wagon That Will Beat Your Pants Off
By DKNY on
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
The GT is a great vehicle in many ways. It's fun to drive, practical, reasonably sized and sensibly priced. Subaru reliability is excellent (I previously owned an Impreza). After 3 months and 9,000 miles driven I still enjoy my car, only occasionally thinking about the Audi A4 Avant 2.0T 6M that I passed up. The Legacy is faster, roomier, more reliable and less expensive. However, the Legacy does lack some standard and optional features that I would like in a car (which are available on the A4 and the Volvo V50): xenon headlights, vehicle stability control, satellite radio, MP3 capability, adaptive cruise control, headlight washers, full size spare tire, seat/mirror memory are all N/A.
Favorite Features
Incredibly powerful engine, sporty handling, comfortable highway ride, attractive interior and exterior, excellent visibility all around, supersized moonroof, dual zone climate control, trip computer.
Suggested Improvements
Highway fuel economy unimpressive (6th gear would be nice), moonroof cover squeaks, stiffer suspension would make this a true performance sport wagon, upgraded stereo (MP3/satellite), HID headlights with washers needed, OEM tires awful in wet, stability control needed, short-throw shifter a must.