2005 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: 2005 Legacy GT Wagon

2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5 GT Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

2005 Legacy GT Wagon
By DC on

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome driver's car! Very quick, stable and predictable. Drives like a sports car. Great heater. 100% reliable so far with 20K miles. Excellent in snow, we had 3 feet in one snowfall last week, and with a 400' driveway it has to be good. Be aware that the 17" tires are fairly expensive and if you need extra wheels for snow tires, you will have to get alloys. No steel wheels available as far as I could tell, and I tried locally and on-line. Very comfortable seats. Mine was a program car with 12,000 miles on it when I bought it and now has 20,000 miles on it. No one will regret buying this car. It does everything very well and I know of no weaknesses except rear visibility.

Awesome acceleration, 0-60 in 6-7 seconds. Great handling on country road and highway, which is fun and a safety feature. Comfortable seats - I broke my pelvis 6 months ago and the seats are very comfortable (and heated). 5 stars in front and side collisions, and possibly in rear collisions as well.

Rear visibility is not a problem for me at 5'10", but a shorter person would have a problem because of window and rear seat head restraint placement.