2005 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Great car...if you don't have

2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Great car...if you don't have long legs!
By gary1964 on

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful vehicle. Unfortunately, for a tall person with long legs, it's very difficult to be comfortable driving. After 1500 miles I am still struggling to be comfortable. The non-telescoping steering wheel is too far away for me. The seat is very hard and short (I have to use a pad under my butt). The angle of the gas peddle is too high and there is little room left over for the feet under the dash. The headreast does not tilt forward. Sometimes after driving 20 minutes, my right leg and back are very uncomfortable. Didn't notice this until after I bought it. I am 5'11" well proportioned. Power is smooth, and Sport mode comes in handy when passing quickly.

Favorite Features

Style, stereo is excellent, sunroof, smooth power, quiet ride, good highway gas mileage, handles well, brakes well

Suggested Improvements

Needs telescoping wheel, more comfortable seat bottom cushions all around. Need to open up room under the dash for feet / toe space. Need more generous storage compartments up front (glove box is deceiving... not as big as it looks). Make the cargo area washable vinyl.