Good car to own and drive
By avkesq on
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
When my 1998 Subaru wagon bit the dust (failed transmission) after 168K miles, I decided to buy the new sedan, in late 2004. It now has over 60,000 miles and is still running well. This car provides the best mix of comfort, performance, fuel economy and road grip/stability that I have come across. I travel a lot and have used a number of rental cars (many brand new), but the Subaru beats them all. Highway fuel economy is at 29mpg, provided I keep at or below 65mph. Acceleration is good when I flip to Sports mode, enabling me to join the freeway from the ramp with lots of power to spare, and agility and road grip make me feel safe. Truly fun car to drive for the money, and very safe.
Favorite Features
Roag grip and agility, Very smooth ride, yet with firm suspension. Good performnce for a family sedan, and accetably good fuel economy for a AWD. Trouble free from mechanical standpoint. ever had a breakdown.
Suggested Improvements
The fit and finish on this car is not up to Honda standards (my other car is an Odyssey). Small plastic parts seem to pop off and need refixing. Considerable room for improvement in the fit and finish department.