2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
I've never loved a car so much!
By Kitty on 08/12/05 19:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I could not be happier with my new legacy! The car is gorgeous inside and out with a thoughtful design and high end features one would find in a luxury sedan. Some of my favorite features include the moonroof, heated seats, and leather interior. The car handles beautifully. The AWD really grips the road on turns and the car handles like a German sedan with great road feel. The car also has ample power, it accelerates nimbly on the highway and from a stop, especially in sport mode. The cabin is very tight and very quiet, there's no rattling or noise. Overall, I am thrilled with the car and I feel very secure driving it!

Best Subaru Yet
By John on 08/09/05 20:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Legacy is awesome. I traded in my WRX for this car. It's not priced all that much more than the WRX, so it's a heck of a value. Given the quality, performance and luxury of this car, it's a steal. Mine is in Satin White. As part of the deal, the dealer tinted the windows. I'm thrilled with the way it looks ... not to mention how it drives.

my Legacy
By okcutim on 08/01/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Almost great car that needs some work. No need to say more, I more than like it but less than love it. A little more attention to a few issues and this car will deserve every penny spent on it.

Amazing for the cheap price of $30G
By Tieger plumbing on 07/31/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car took one heck of a hit by a truck and I walked away This car is really great.

She's got the power, Scotty!
By Rick Perry on 07/27/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Oh my! The increased power from the 2.5 liter non-turbo Outback to the Legacy GT 2.5 turbo.Just what I needed to give me the kick in the pants I was looking for. Oh, BTW, I do drive a 3.0 liter BMW X-5 and this Subie is equally as much fun to drive for a heck of a lot less money! Like $22K less? I got one 3 days ago loaded to the limit and with the discount and rebate, I had to buy it and trade in my sluggish Outback with the 2.5 liter regular engine. Glad I did. This one's a keeper!

It gets better...
By CallMeSkippy on 07/27/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Being a 4 time Subaru owner I have come to expect reliability and value. This car gives you a bonus by throwing in performance. For a few hundred more Cobb Tuning offers a solution to address some lagging and improve boost ... all without getting your hands dirty. While you're at it, don't forget a K&N stock replacement filter. The performance you will experience will once again justify your decision to purchase this car. Where else will you find an AWD sedan that is under $30K, stays out of the shop, but can humble the G35x, 330xi, and A4? I am thankful Subaru has stepped up and shown themselves as a company that can offer it all.

Terrific Value for Luxury Sedan
By Subie Do on 07/22/05 19:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our fourth Subaru. We purchased this one for its new design, especially the interior and its many appointments and options. Subaru has always had an unbeatable AWD system, and this one is no different. I've never felt more comfortable driving in poor weather conditions than in this car. Our only complaint would be the lower powered motor makes the transmission jump down too frequently. But using "sport shift" takes care of that. Audio system is excellent, but we'd love to be able to plug in our iPods!

Fun To drive stealth rocket
By JonFo on 07/16/05 07:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love the power, excellent handling, quality build, reliability of this Subaru. Wagon is the way to go for convenience and for its excellent stealth characteristics.

If The World Only Knew
By chrisb on 07/13/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have spent the last 6 months researching cars much like the rest of the reviewers here. I also came to the same conclusion. Subaru has hit the nail on the head. I have heard some wishing for more horses, the same engine as the STI; well it is the same but de-tuned. I have a pocket full change that I saved buying the Legacy and it will become a rightful 300 horses like its smaller sibling. Take my advice, save your money, buy a Subaru and use the money to upgrade the ECU and some other things.

Great so far!
By Ed on 07/10/05 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving the 2.5i Limited AWD Sedan for about two weeks now, and I am quite happy. Very smooth drive. Power is adequate enough for me to merge quickly into any traffic - uphill too. Great value for the buck - was able to get $1700 below invoice (due to $1500 manufacturer incentive). Limited version offers a great interior that is similar to a Lexus that I once drove. No regrets at all so far.