2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Excellent buy
By mindflayer on 10/27/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Compared this to the Infiniti G35, Infiniti FX35/45, Volvo S40/60, and so on, and I found this "non-badge" car to be superior. I have a bad back, so comfort was critical, and the car delivered that and performance.

Now I love to drive
By Keith on 10/23/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Needing a four wheel drive vehicle, but wanting a sedan and not spending a fortune I chose the Legacy GT LTD. I do love driving this car. As a point of reference I do a lot of highway driving up mountains and going uphill I average 28 mpg, 31 mpg downhill, both with A/C on. A recent downhill trip without A/C proved 34 mpg.

Awesome Car!
By Kayleigh on 10/14/05 19:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I had been eyeing this car up for almost a year before I decided to buy it. You don't see many of them on the road because Subaru isn't exactly a household name, but I'm glad they've kept this car a secret. I put over 500 miles on the car in the first week of ownership because it is so fun to drive. I feel bad leaving it in the garage. It begs to be driven!

Great car
By Jarrod on 09/27/05 14:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is just great. I don't understand why there are any poor reviews on here. The air conditioning works fine, you just need to learn how to use it.

Hate this car
By KC on 09/14/05 09:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got this car as an alternative to a "real" car because it was a practical alternative to a gas guzzling SUV or a more expensive Audi or BMW. I thought I needed the wagon for my lifestyle, but I wish I'd bitten the bullet and just went for an Audi, got a bike rack and drove on down the road. This car is NOT fun to drive, although it sounded good on paper.

A++
By A.J. on 09/01/05 18:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

WOW what a blast to drive. I looked at 6 different makes of vehicles, but I kept coming back to the Legacy. Sporty and comfortable with plenty of room (I'm 6'3"). Not bad MPG if you can keep your foot "out of it": 25 mpg with a 50/50 mix of city to highway usage.

used to be a Honda fan....key word, used:)
By cole46_51 on 08/27/05 05:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is just awesome! My friend has a WRX, and the Legacy GT is the WRX, but with style. Has many luxury features for far less money than you see on other cars like Acura, BMW, Audi. I'm still young, so insurance is a big thing; well I'm sorry, but a 4 banger with a turbo putting' out 250 HP... thats a sports car! But it's not considered one, and because ALL Legacy's have a 5 star crash rating, insurance companys love that and insurance prices are very good. Different story if you get yourself a Mustang or 350Z.

competent, good looking and inexpensive
By socalsubaru on 08/24/05 20:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at a lot of cars, never owned a Subaru before. Checked out the Legacy and was impressed with price, features and looks, not to mention AWD. Have had the car 2000 miles now and I'm pretty satisfied. Average mileage says 24.3 on avg on the onboard computer, handles nice and smooth, nice storage for golf clubs, nice onboard computer and digital compass in rearview mirror; little short in leg room - emergency brake hits thigh and dead pedal is a little short in height (I wear size 11), floormat hook sticks up too far catches my shoe, a/c is weird - will blow ice cold/then not so cold/ice cold/not so cold in a cycle (dealer says this is normal!),

Good Midsize Surf Wagon
By jone on 08/23/05 19:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

OK car. My 1st Subaru. Not as solid/precise as my 1999 Honda Civic or my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. Good gas mileage (avg. 24/25 mpg). Good interior, nice looking, car can be modified easily (springs/sway bars/intake/exhaust/shifter). The engine needs more power, Subaru has that is in the works (Forester gets the upgrade in 2006).

once you owned one
By sherry on 08/17/05 02:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had great experience with my subaru's I feel VERY comfortable, and/confident with the handleing and performance of these cars. I had a 96 subaru, traded it for the 2005 I never had any problems during the time with the 96. Was never in the shop for anything!! Maintenance Free, other than 3,ooo mi.oil changes and I did have the timing belts changes @60,000 for maintenance, it was a gem! So I knew that my new car was going to be another Subaru