Used 2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

New to me Subie
By Ron

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought my 05 Legacy GT Limited used. So far it is an amazing car. It's much more fun to drive than my previous car (98 Honda Accord 4cyl). The AWD really inspires confidence when taking corners and all-around driving.

Favorite Features

Turbo. The turbo is like a super-magic-fun present at 3k rpms. It brings the car's wild side out for some fun.

Suggested Improvements

Interior space. The car is about the size of my previous accord, but the interior room is much less. Also, having the HVAC and CD/radio integrated into one unit basically kills any chance of aftermarket stereos.

Disappointing
By mike

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is our 2nd Subaru. Our first Subaru was a tank, we loved it, 100K+ and never had a problem. Unfortunately that was not the case with this car. 30k+ should yield better build quality and better service. Dash rattles and the dealer and Subaru will do nothing. The radio has been replaced twice and still does not work correctly. The homelink mirror failed. The gauge illumination changes by itself. Cruise control fails regularly and the dealership(s) can't find anything. This car could be so much better but now that it is has 39000 miles on it and is out of warranty we are getting rid of it. I don't thing we will ever buy anothe Subaru.

Favorite Features

Quick sedan.

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY!

Austin GT Limited Sedan
By Danny Kemp

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The only issue that I have had with this car is thaat the a headlight will burn out every six months or so. I am not too crazy about the gas mileage, but with the way it can zoom around, I overlooked it. Due to the fact that there aren't that many Subarus around in comparison to the rest of the cars on the road, people always ask me, "What kinda car is that?" I answer, and they return a strange look. I guess some people have a bad view of subarus. All in all, a good car, solid ride, and decently comfortable.

Favorite Features

Zoom, corners very well, and carries my baby without disturbing her.

Suggested Improvements

Build a stock arm rest that doesn't cater to those with a height of 5'2" or less :)

Nikobonjon's Subie
By Nikobonjon

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Pros: All in all this is a good car with exceptional handing abilities. It is a fine car and holds the road well. The turbo engine is super when it kicks in. The car is quiet and clean. Cons: Expensive to maintain especially the tires. Turbo burns premium unleaded. Somewhat narrow (hip room) front seating. Typical turbo lag. Fuel economy could be better for a car this size.

Favorite Features

Boxer turbo engine, heated seats, AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Wider cockpit, Automatic headlights, oil change monitor.

Best Sedan
By Roy

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my Subaru Legacy GT. I've had it a little over a year and it's fun to drive handles like a dream' 0-60 5.7 seconds and it's not too bad on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Well this improvement is coming on the 2008 but iI was gonna say another gear to make it 6 gears.