Used 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

once you owned one
By sherry

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had great experience with my subaru's I feel VERY comfortable, and/confident with the handleing and performance of these cars. I had a 96 subaru, traded it for the 2005 I never had any problems during the time with the 96. Was never in the shop for anything!! Maintenance Free, other than 3,ooo mi.oil changes and I did have the timing belts changes @60,000 for maintenance, it was a gem! So I knew that my new car was going to be another Subaru

Favorite Features

performance, it has great speed, I love the option to shift like a manual, or go into sport, for max pulling out speed.I love the interior red lights on the dash, comfortable leg room in front, and the comfortable seats .sound speakers are really nice

Suggested Improvements

I would ask only that it was a better design, it lacks in style. nothing unusual..It seem to just me that it has NO stand out features, If it wasn't for the emblem of Subaru, it would look like many of the competition..

What a car
By GunnMan

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For years I had a Porsche 944. It got old and had 245,000 miles. Time to go. This Legacy drives very similar to the 944 in the mountains. You can set this car up in the corners very well. It's transient response in the switchbacks is remarkable - and this is a sedan! In tight hilly switchbacks - you can feel the car transitioning power front and rear. Do I have to complain? It could use a 6 speed. I'd buy this car all over again.

Favorite Features

AWD works - you can feel it - even on dry pavement. Try sharp switchbacks on hills.

Suggested Improvements

Needs 6 speed. Needs more colors, like red, green, etc.

Great Value
By snscat

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased several days ago so here are my first impressions. It has a surprising amount of power for a four cylinder. The manual transmission feels easier to shift than the Impreza. The seats are very adjustable and comfortable. The stereo is pretty good for a factory unit with no upgrades. Mileage so far has been surprisingly good. The car is very smooth and handles great. Quiet ride even at highway speeds. The sound of the engine takes a little getting used to, but it grows on you. The trunk is pretty large and has a pass through for narrow objects. The car features a full assortment of airbags. In all, this is a great car with a lot of nice features for a reasonable price.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive makes for great handling and should be great in bad weather. Surprisingly fun to drive. Great mileage for AWD. Trip computer is neat, we'll see how accurate it is. Sporty exterior especially with spoiler. Alloy wheels are nice on entry model. The dash looks very classy at night.

Suggested Improvements

Hate the plastic steering wheel and shifter. They will be replaced. Windows are slow to go up and down. Floor mats seem a little cheap. The steering could also be a little quicker in the base model.

Like a 944
By GMan-Alpine

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is not the most powerful in straight line acceleration - but it's not bad. Where this car shines is in a few areas. It handles like a 944 - with the IRS and rear wheel drive, you can set the car up. It's comfortable - the wife likes it. It's a looker. I'm glad I stopped by and looked at Subaru. I was going to get a Mazda.

Favorite Features

Handling. Looks. Gas milage = 28.2 mgp. Loaded with features - great price.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power. Could use a 6 speed manual. That's it. What a car.

Fun fun fun
By Andre Lachapelle

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Winter is coming and the pleasure keep growing . It is my first AWD and Subaru . I had a Infinity G-20 before . It was more luxury but this one is quiet and very fun to drive . Engine has a pretty sound and is quick enough . The pick up is good at any speed with manual transmission . Good supprise without the turbo and the gazoline ( no super ) cost . On icy road , i had fun fun fun . It is a winner .

Favorite Features

AWD , manual transmission , regular gazoline and excellent ride . For that price and all the security and standard equipement , there is no match .Insurance is cheaper than Acura TSX .

Suggested Improvements

Radio need upgrade . The package "Limited" come only with automatic transmission and the extra charge is huge .