Used 2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Goes Like Stink
By Nick-O

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a nice car, safe, big and heavy, but it's fast. The 2.5 turbo is probably one of the top 10 engines out there. If you step on it hard, it takes a second then hold on! Passes anything on the highway and goes anywhere you want it to. It's a subaru so it is reliable. The only issue is now it makes a loud humming noise past 35 mph. Maybe a wheel bearing. The mileage is not good...maybe 15 around town :(But hey, it's a big heavy AWD car with 250 hp.

Turbo engine, handling/steering. High quality good interior. Subrau reliability and all the bells and whistles.

Strange humming noise from rear end. Poor gas mileage.

One hot car
By CAinAL

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sub after seeing so many in the mountains of California. I now live in Alabama and I love driving it all year round, but it is definitely a cold weather car! The vents blow warm air so I have to keep the AC on all the time in the spring, summer and fall. The AC has a hard time keeping up with the 100+ degree weather and high humidity. But it handles great in the torrential downpours we get here and I wouldn't trade it.

Great looks, huge sunroof, lots of room to haul stuff.

Connect the front overhead lights to the door open feature so they will come on with the dome lights.

WOW
By Idawg

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my 3rd Subaru, and is by far the best to date. I had a 96 outback, then a 2004 Outback 2.5 limited, but this car blows them away. The turbo kicks in quickly, and will give you the tell-tale neck jerk! The interior is such a beautiful hole poked tan leather, you want it at home. I was never a fan of blue cars, but the regal blue looks great with the 17" wheels and lo-pro tires. Huge sunroof! Buy one!!

Turbo, turbo, turbo!!

Legroom is slightly limited in back for long road trips, but not too bad.

Almost perfect
By newyorker

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Almost a year and a half and zero problems. Fast and fun. My second subie, my first turbo. This is not your typical wagon, that's for sure. Handles great, even in winter months. The Bridgestone re92 stock tires are all right - nothing great yet decent all around. Rarely have anyone in back seats so cannot comment on leg room. Dash layout is great and good looking. Tons of room. Can put just about anything in this car. The ride can be a little rough for someone with a bad back on longer trips but it's a GT and is supposed to have a stiff suspension so you cannot complain about things like that. All around A++.

Appearance, versatility, power, fun factor.

6th gear for the highway so it can get better gas mileage. Turbo needs premium. Automatic headlights as I've actually driven home at night w/out the headlights on due to daytimes are bright and the dash is so bright at night w/out headlights actually on.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon
By DC

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome driver's car! Very quick, stable and predictable. Drives like a sports car. Great heater. 100% reliable so far with 20K miles. Excellent in snow, we had 3 feet in one snowfall last week, and with a 400' driveway it has to be good. Be aware that the 17" tires are fairly expensive and if you need extra wheels for snow tires, you will have to get alloys. No steel wheels available as far as I could tell, and I tried locally and on-line. Very comfortable seats. Mine was a program car with 12,000 miles on it when I bought it and now has 20,000 miles on it. No one will regret buying this car. It does everything very well and I know of no weaknesses except rear visibility.

Awesome acceleration, 0-60 in 6-7 seconds. Great handling on country road and highway, which is fun and a safety feature. Comfortable seats - I broke my pelvis 6 months ago and the seats are very comfortable (and heated). 5 stars in front and side collisions, and possibly in rear collisions as well.

Rear visibility is not a problem for me at 5'10", but a shorter person would have a problem because of window and rear seat head restraint placement.