2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
i like this car
By j jersey on 03/31/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

i have own the car for 1mth now and enjoy it very much.it fun to drive and its practical. the fuel economy is poor (but i knew bout it) and the cd player is not mp3 compatible and it climate control isn't the best but not not worst. the turbo engine is powerful enough to cause other drivers to do a double take and electron shift was a pleasant surprise. will try to give a 1yr review also to keep people inform

never buy one again
By Laura on 02/05/10 11:12 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2005 subaru legacy gt new. This was my first time ever buying a new car. The turbo blew in March "09", they fixed it after proving I proporaly maintained it. Dec. 09 it went again. They replaced it went to test drive it and the timing jumped and blew my cam shaft and valves, they also found metal in the oil pan from the turbo. Now I am getting a hard time for proper replacement, instead of replacing the parts new (short block and the damage from poor mechanic installation) they want to put a used motor with more mileage and no history of how well it has been taken care of. I would never buy another subaru or recommend one to anyone.

let down
By phil on 01/03/10 13:44 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Its on its 4th motor. Over 20 k in warranty claims. Paid 5k for 1st motor the 2 others Subaru paid for. I have had nothing but problems with this car.

A reliable rattle trap
By JTA5 on 11/13/09 10:35 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The Subaru has rattled and squeaked from the beginning, the fit of the glove box and center console is a joke, the paint started to fade after 6 months, the drive shaft has had to be replaced, it took Subaru 4 times to get that right, brakes are anemic and the pads now are in need of replacement. The engine has stalled, stuttered, and bumbled along at 2500 rpm, from the beginning, so much for performance. A mistake to buy, never again.

Never had any problems with this car
By Logan C on 06/13/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Never had any problems with this car even with driving it across the country a few times. This being my second Subaru and its performance in the snow and winter conditions is everything I've expected.

Great Car with Needs
By OK driver on 02/20/09 12:45 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my 05 Legacy GT limited about 5 months ago. I have owned/driven many different make/model cars including Subaru's. This one is a great improvement in terms of looks / performance / amenities compared to older versions. Subaru has been very smart to replace Volvo and Saab, and also sell cars right under the noses of Toyota/Honda/Nissan (Sad, the other 3 brands are suffering from declining quality. I wish made in the U.S. meant the same thing it did 30 years ago. My gripes: As new, it is overpriced. Still, reliability/build quality is below other Japanese cars. Cutting corners in interior / mechanical / material quality is stupid. People are not dumb.

Used GT Legacy rides like new
By Felix on 02/20/09 09:40 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My van got about 26 mpg and i fueled up every two weeks to top off a 20 gal tank. This car has seems to be getting better mileage. I agree with the others comments about the great ride and design so I will not repeat them. I just wish I bought this car instead of my Venture Van or Honda Accord. Sold my van becuase the engine gasket started leaking oil at about 50k mi. This car has more miles on it and the engine is clean.

Great Car. But some issues.
By Brian on 12/25/08 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife and I have owned this Scoobie for 4 years next month. While we love the car and truly love Subarus this car has had some annoying issues that the dealers can't seem to fix. Our car has been in three times for an annoying rattle in the dash. It apparently disappears when the service techs look at it (rolling eyes). The front brakes squeal when the ambient temperature is above 60 outside. I've replaced everything and they still squeak. Oh, the clutch went out at 38000. My wife and I know how to drive stick well and do not abuse the car. But this one let go at a very young age. Kudos to Subaru though for not stiffing us with the whole $1100 bill.

my subie
By my subie on 09/08/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. When you step on the gas it takes a second to go then it takes off. The seats though can be more roomier and needs more leg room in the back. Never had mechanical issues. Love the all wheel drive it is great in the snow!

Great Car - but stumped the expert
By Jeff Lampe on 05/23/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had the Subaru GT Ltd for about 9 months. I absolutely love this car, it fits me like a glove and drives like no other car I have ever had. It is classic, conservative, but with an attitude that I can turn on with a little pressure on the gas. I blow the doors off the hot little Hondas and German cars. The handling is tight and I love cruising around in it. However, things came crashing down after taking it thru a car wash. The ECU, bulkhead wire harness, integrated unit have been replaced and who knows what else is needed, certainly not the dealers or the Subaru expert knows why it will not start, or not run for more than 30 min. It has been in the shop for the past 9 weeks.