2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Not your father's Subaru
By michael2 on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second gt limited sedan, and my second subaru. The first was a 2000model,had 81,000 trouble free miles, but it is totally in a different league, then the 2005 model i traded it in for. This is an awesome car,smooth power,quiet, and very upscale interior vs the 2000gt.

Test Drive It To Believe It
By LovingMyLegacy on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car! I was set on buying an Acura TL & saw a commercial for this car as well as a billboard. I drove to the dealer, test drove the car, went back the next day & drove it for 2 hours & bought it the next day. The car handles as if it were on rails. Everyone comments on how smooth & quite the ride is. The trunk space is great. Trust me, drive this car and you will buy this car. The "sport" mode really makes a difference in the performance.

Stealth Rocket (I mean kid hauler)
By bigtoes on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Living with 6 months of snow, I only tested 4 wheel cars (325xi, G35x, S60R, A4, Passat) This was my favorite and cheapest! So much fun and I love that everybody thinks its is just a boring Subaru.

Japanese alternative to BMW, etc....
By CR7pilot on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

From the moment I saw this car I thought, Subaru is finally going places. This is my second Subaru. Finally a car that delivers what it says on paper for a reasonable price and it looks awesome. The car is a sleeper, it will beat any 3 series or M-B C-class.

Unbeatable value
By alfa on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I always have a smile on my face when I'm driving this car (and even after!). The torque on the car is awesome, and the ride is firmish but still very comfortable, while maintaining the sporty feel. The brakes and steering are excellent and very precise. The brakes remind me of the late model BMW 3 series that I traded in to get this car. The interior is simple, but very comfortable and functional. All the controls are intuitive, and the build quality seems excellent so far.

Givin' up features for the speed
By second guessing on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Couldn't decide between this and the Acura TSX. The Subie is definitely faster but lacks the appointments for a car of this price. Coming from an '03 V6 Acccord, I got use to steering wheel controls and the auto- down for the windows. Plus a ton more storage. I am looking forward to winter having AWD.

05 Legacy-total blast
By k9noles on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great handling, terrific acceleration, this thing is SO easy to get WAY above posted limits... Great interior, goes uo a steep grade (I-70)like it's flat and the 5MT (short throw, of course) makes it a real drivers car. Highly recommend

I still grin everytime I turn the key...
By Rob Catron on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Simply put, this car has been the first vehicle in the last three years to spark my car buying interest. It offers the perfect balance between comfort and performance. Extremely fun to drive. I actually traded my 2000 SAAB 9-5 SE sedan in for my Garnet Red GT Limited Sedan(I call it my "little red devil"). Many people tell me, "you traded a SAAB for a SUBE?!" - but as soon as they see the car, they can't believe their eyes. Subaru has produced a WORLD CLASS car at last -- interior design and quality is bar none. A beautifully executed design. Bravo, Subaru!

1/2 luxury + 1/2 wrx sti = Legacy Gt
By Micahl on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Take the luxury car with its massive amounts of comfort and gobs of performance from the wrx sti, subaru managed to create the awsome Legacy. This car has tons of performance and barely any turbo lag. It blows away the wrx in performance even in the auto version, which I love the most with its sport shift feature. No road noise except for the roll of the awsome 17" wheels and that was min. as well. I live in the snow and this baby can do it all. This thing can be thrown anyware and remain amazingly stable under any type of stress and even with my lead foot gets 22.8 mpg!

One Sweet Ride
By subaruwvu on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'd been waiting for two months for this car and now that i finally have it it was worth the wait. The ride is as smooth as the design. I live in a very hilly state and thought the the stock 2.5 without turbo wouldnt have enough power but it holds its own. And with a few modifications to up the hp it will be perfect. My biggest complaint is i dont care for the seatbelt dinger. if i don't fasten my belt i shouldn't have to listen to the car ding all the time.