2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
One hot car
By CAinAL on 08/21/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sub after seeing so many in the mountains of California. I now live in Alabama and I love driving it all year round, but it is definitely a cold weather car! The vents blow warm air so I have to keep the AC on all the time in the spring, summer and fall. The AC has a hard time keeping up with the 100+ degree weather and high humidity. But it handles great in the torrential downpours we get here and I wouldn't trade it.

my subaru
By Pat Wright on 12/25/06 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

An enjoyable car, practical and dependable. Insurance on this car new was less than my previous 5 year old Saab.

Lovin' our new Subaru
By Matt on 03/18/06 10:32 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm really pleased overall with the car. I love the smoothness of the ride, how well it handles, accelerates and brakes. The exterior design is wonderful and the interior is well laid out. Some of the interior panel fit is inconsistent but there are no rattles, squeaks or problems. I also had a great dealer experience and look forward to seeing them just for the routine maintenance.

Good Midsize Surf Wagon
By jone on 08/23/05 19:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

OK car. My 1st Subaru. Not as solid/precise as my 1999 Honda Civic or my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. Good gas mileage (avg. 24/25 mpg). Good interior, nice looking, car can be modified easily (springs/sway bars/intake/exhaust/shifter). The engine needs more power, Subaru has that is in the works (Forester gets the upgrade in 2006).

Excellent value family hauler
By Yatesjo on 02/20/05 02:20 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At one month we are very pleased with car after taking it on a couple extended trips. The handling is better than I expected on windy roads-far, far better than the Camry and Accord. Comfort is good, but the climate control acts bizarre and we often end up controlling it manually. The car feels solid and substantial, more like a European than Japanese maker. Cruise control has some strange ticks-jerky when going downhill, full throttle when accelerating. If you want blazing speed, go for the GT, but the base engine is adequate for brisk highway merges. The sunroof is huge and a treat for back seat passengers. Disappointing economy-27mpg is best so far even with all highway driving.

05 Subaru Ltd Wagon - Silver
By HappyInNY on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's our 2nd Subaru - the `94 is still running fine. The `05 5-speed (no turbo) is really quick - I can only image what the turbo does to the pick up! Our only compliant is the dealer-installed alarm system - it sets itself way too quickly!