Used 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2005 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

2005 Legacy Wagon
By Badwater

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First Subaru and boy I am impressed. In 1.5 years of ownership I have had zero problems. In combination driving average about 28 mpg. On a trip depending on how fast we drive we can get around 32 mpg. The car can be a little cramped on a log trip especially if you have more than one passenger. Rear seat room is tight. I am 6-1" and wish that there was a little more leg room for the driver. In summary, great car.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights. I keep forgetting to turn them on.

Legacy Wagon 2.5i
By Greg

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last year I purchased the 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i wagon. I have been very impressed with the overall fit and finish of this vehicle. Its safety features were excellent and numerous. Its projected resale value was excellent. This vehicle has met and exceeded all of my expectations. I will be a Subaru owner for life.

Favorite Features

Folding rear seats. comfort level. Highway performance.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission is a little slow to react, and the standard Bridgestone tires are slightly soft in tight cornering. Other than that a joy to own!

Sub' #6
By Passnthru

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is Subaru #6 for us. Seems great so far, lots of features, quiet and smooth. Best mileage of the six, avgeraging over 30 mpg in the first 3,000 miles. It doesn't feel quite as fast as our '01 GT was. Nice alloy wheels. Storage is good. Love the black metal flake paint. Headlights are awesome, providing great lighting. Also enjoy the trip computer, outside temperature and two resetable odometers. And the fact that you can't lock the keys in the ignition anymore. Most outstanding is the value for the dollar. There is nothing that comes close for less than $20K. One friend said "that looks like a seriously expensive car!" Probably less than half the cost of her SUV!

Favorite Features

Big improvement in creature comforts, quiet and smooth. AWD always a favorite and having most options for less than $20K out the door. Expecting the same dependability as the others. Love the looks, the stainless dual exhaust tips, rear end. Rear spoiler is a nice touch, standard.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is not as good (plus no cassette) as '01 and those pitiful Bridgestone tires are pretty much the same tires that I have hated on most of the new Subarus I have purchased. They are poor to downright dangerous and I drive wet mountain roads daily. Would trade the tires in now if I could.