2004 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Subaru Legacy GT Top of the Line??
By silverlady on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a Subaru Legacy GT Sedan, my first new car! Overall it seems to be an excellent car. One problem: when I take it through a high powered, touchless car wash, the drivers side and passenger side windows leak! The dealer said there was nothing they could do; they took me through the car wash with another new Legacy and it also leaked. They said don't use touchless car washes. It is a design flaw I must learn to live with. Bummer, $27,000 for a car and I can't take it through the car wash! Subaru may be built to handle the winter roads, but they are not built to handle a touchless car wash!

Previous Owner Returns to Subaru
By Barry Segars on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first turn in the test drive, the car read my mind. I became amazed to be turning just by thinking it. The car seems that responsive! The brakes, all 4 wheels, stop fast & smooth. Listen during the test drive. You can converseas clearly as if you were communicating face to face {very quiet ride!}. The acceleration is good if you're trying to keep out of trouble but this isn't your car if you're appreciate a zippy response. I get 23 mpg in the city and 28 on the Interstate. The seatbelt fits like a dream. The stereo claims to be 40 watts but it performs like 20. The easy access storage areas are still stupid as they were in 1995.

no regrets
By dswiss on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for one week and already put on 900 miles. I love this car. It's very quiet and solid, and feels like the Mercedes I used to have. I have the 4 cyl stick shift and find it fun to drive. Enough power and a silhy smooth transmission.

I hope this one lasts like the First
By W Heller on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this car is a blast to drive, and stays flat in the curves. My only complaint is the little lack of power produced by the engine. Other than that it has a very strong build.

Could use more power
By BrianMac on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this vechile after experience with the Outback. Overall happy with car but could use more power. Some quality and fit issues.

Perfect all around car
By Whoiam04 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is verry well-built, with a symetrical all wheel drive layout that fully optimizes the advantage of all wheel drive...this is my second legacy, the first had over 280,000 when i sold it