2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Subaru once, Subaru always.......
By artquiltsbymeiny on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We used to own a 1992 Subary Loyale wagon which was recently totalled in a crash. The driver and passengers survived thanks to the sturdy Subaru body. The car is very quiet, with a very smooth ride, excellent aircondition and I love the showing of the direction the car is heading. The main reason for buying another Subaru though is our great experience with the service personal at the dealership; no haggling over repairs, mostly scheduled service appointments.

Driver's seat is uncomfortable
By jannys on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have the 35th Anniv Edition-L model. The dual sunroofs are great. I love the car..so far, so good for me. The problem is that my husband finds the front driver's seat very uncomfortable during a long ride. We've tried different cushions, now we're trying it without the cushions. There should be lumbar support. He has wide shoulders, and the bolstered seat is snug on him.He's only 5'8" and the seat bothers his legs also. After driving larger cars (like Ford Taurus) the driving area does seem compact. People advise him that over time he'll get used to it..we'll see. So in the meantime, I can do the driving and enjoy it!

4 Wheel Snow Mobile, and more!
By CEC on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Impressive ! This is my first Subaru. I cannot fault this vehicle at all, it's wonderful. This wagon has a much better build quality than my Toyota Tundra. ( my trade in ) There is even a bit of the WRX growl in the motor, - Nice. My only regret is not getting one years ago !

no regrets
By dswiss on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for one week and already put on 900 miles. I love this car. It's very quiet and solid, and feels like the Mercedes I used to have. I have the 4 cyl stick shift and find it fun to drive. Enough power and a silhy smooth transmission.

Could use more power
By BrianMac on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Purchased this vechile after experience with the Outback. Overall happy with car but could use more power. Some quality and fit issues.