Used 2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

All around great car
By 35th Legacy Auto

2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an all around wonderful vehicle. Everyday performance is good but in rain or snow, good quickly changes to great. Nothing I've ever driven has compared to this car. I can't see any reason why I wouldn't buy Subaru in the future.

Favorite Features

The AWD is incredible. Such an advantage over the FWDs I have driven in the past. Snow and ice were no problem.

Suggested Improvements

MPG, I average 21 under normal circumstances. Passenger side window whistles in high speeds. Fold down back seats would be nice.

Nice machine...on snow
By Stan

2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very well build car. Exceptional on snowy/slushy roads. Great road drivability. Bought just several months ago but love it so far. Not too keen with the outdated design though.

Favorite Features

Superb road handling in winter conditions thanks to AWD as well as low center of gravity. I love it!

Suggested Improvements

Very outdated exterior and not too shocking interior. Interior paneling (i.e. side walls in trunk area) needs to be improved; panels very cheap and way too delicate; some misalignment of interior parts. If changing design please do not over do it. No need to remind of XXI century!

'04 falling apart
By jimflys

I've had nothing but trouble with my '04 Outback once it hit 50,000 miles. I will never buy one again and I've owned two others.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the 97-99 model type.

Excellent Auto
By Lola

Reminds me of my last (1969) Subaru which lasted for 170,000 miles but is more comfortable.

Favorite Features

2 sky lights. Back opens upward.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

legacy 35th manual wagon
By frog

counter the counterspin- The power on this car, especially low down and especially in the 5-speed, is terrific. I am more than happy with the engines response, from in town to highway trips, and I like to keep the SPORT in driving. The handleing on these cars is telepathic. They grip from all four corners, stay flat and remain predictable. The braking gets some complaints, but I hve seen no issues in the first 6K. Interior is handsome, seats fit well after break- in, I recommend lifting them slightly up off their lower setting, and tilting the seat relatively far back to give it a more roomy feel.

Favorite Features

The white Subaru wagon looks BMW esque with a few coats of wax sitting in my drive. The 35th ann. model has a clean and classic appeal not matched by the unreliable trendy dogs from VW's stables (stale). So- take a test drive and be open to your emotions.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel would put it over the top.