2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2.5 GT Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Best ride & handling combo
By travis j on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I leased a 2000 Legacy GT ( 5 speed ) for four years. All wheel drive with the rear differential proved quite fun when powering out of corners. But that brings up the week point of this car. Not enough power to go with the great suppension tuning and bank vault structual rigidity. Best combination of ride and handling of any car I've driven. Quiet interior and very comfortable seats.

Legacy GT
By ERMJRM on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way my Legacy drives. When it goes around corners and there is not much body roll, this makes for a smooth ride. We live in the country, so we drive on all types of roads all year around. The AWD handles great from the snow in the winter to the dirt roads in the summer.

Subaru Legacy GT Top of the Line??
By silverlady on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a Subaru Legacy GT Sedan, my first new car! Overall it seems to be an excellent car. One problem: when I take it through a high powered, touchless car wash, the drivers side and passenger side windows leak! The dealer said there was nothing they could do; they took me through the car wash with another new Legacy and it also leaked. They said don't use touchless car washes. It is a design flaw I must learn to live with. Bummer, $27,000 for a car and I can't take it through the car wash! Subaru may be built to handle the winter roads, but they are not built to handle a touchless car wash!