2003 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Not quite on top, but FAR from

2003 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

L Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Not quite on top, but FAR from the bottom
By PCtechGUY2003 on

2003 Subaru Legacy L AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Good all around car, but small things are lacking, or are just annoying. Don't like overdrive gear in it... it kicks into overdrive at 35 mph... which is the average speed I go (I live in the country... the physical speed limit of the roads here is 35 mph). When you let off the gas to coast, and then give it a little gas, the car jerks a little as it jumps back into the underdrive gears. Very annoying, but nothing actually wrong. Only does this at the 35 mph mark. Gas mileage isn't what I would like: 16-18 mpg. Would also like a few more horses under the hood. Don't get me wrong... this car is MUCH better than the 96 chevy lumina it replaced.

Sun roof and AWD! Just got back from my first day on a slick road with this thing, and it's very steady on slick, packed snow. I also love how the seats hug you (or, maybe that's just cause I'm fat...?).

TALLER gear ratio, or a 5th gear. Body shouldn't be sooo easily dinged. Little more power under the hood. And at least 20 mpg city.