2003 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Extreme Value and Performance
By marzomi on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Recently traded in my 2000 Grand Cherokee, for what I thought was a step down, a 2003 Legacy Specail Edition Sedan. I thought wrong. This car clearly is out performing my Jeep. Solid on the "slick stuff", great interior harmony, tight to the road, great option package and a true driving experience. And not to forget, less standing at the gas pump. I shopped the 03 Accord, 03 Camary and 03 Passat, nice cars,equal performance, but can't touch the value of this one.

Love It
By LuvIt on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for a year, and I love it. This is my first stick in 10 years and I now remember why I like them. Nice shifting, great handling car. Very comfortable for 9 hour drives. My first (and ongoing) impression is how smooth the car is. My biggest complaints are the peformance of the standard tires in the snow (goes straight great, sporting in the turns) and the lack of get up and go when the a/c is on. The flat four is a great engine; sounds funky and is the only truly smooth 4 out there.

Great Car
By BrysImpreza on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Awesome car, no complaints what-so- ever, the only thing that needed a change was the rear swaybar, so that was upgraded to a 20mm and it's a station wagon that handles like it's on rails

great overall car
By john V on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

it handles well, fast enough for gettign around, gets the job done

This is the car of my DREAMS!
By Etiklleh on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Subaru. After two Legacy wagons and an Impreza Sport Coupe, I was ready to go for the real style of the line. I have NOT been disappointed. I get comments all the time about how classy the car looks. As for performance, I get the most out of the 4 cylinder engine. And the handling is outstanding. I am loyal to Subaru through and through, and I've even converted several friends and family.

2.5 GT - Nice Ride
By Jack J. on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 15 years driving VW’s and Audi’s, a friend convinced me to test drive his Subaru and I have to admit, the first mile had me convinced that this was a car to seriously consider. I was going to settle on another make and model but I am glad that I held off. Besides that, over the holiday season, I was stuck in two separate snowstorms and need to tell you, I was in by far the best car on the road. SUV’s were sliding off the road all around me, but the Subaru was sure footed my entire trip. The only guy to keep up was in an Outback!

Snow Angel
By Janice Marie on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this is a reliable and fun car to own. It looks great on the road and drives even better! The Legacy has a clean and classy look that stands out against other automobiles.

AWD Confidence with Style
By subiefan on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in '01 Subaru Outback Wagon for this car. It has so many great standard features. It was a tough decision between the L Special Edition and the GT but I was a sucker for the heated seats and mirrors and the leather seating. I also went from a straight drive to Auto so I like the Sport Shift on the GT. These cars look great with a spoiler on the back.

Alternative to Hondas and Toyotas
By ronin on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a vehicle that should be considered when car shopping. If you want the reliability and performance of a Honda or Toyota but don't want to have the same car as your neighbor,this is your car. I'm not big on 4 cylinder engines but this has impressed me. The AWD system is outstanding! Do yourself a favor and at least test drive one.

Love it....
By Choreographics on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after many years of wanting a AWD vehicle. Looked at several alternatives and decided upon a Legacy. Bought it for $20,800 which was, at the time a better deal than what was being offered for end of year 2002 models. My biggest complaint so far is that I seem to be only able to get 20mpg or less around town. That's a couple less than the rating was. No big deal, but.... Just had our first storm in Vermont (10/17) and the snows were due to go on in a couple of days. No problem. Took a while to get used to the fact that it was easier to move in the Subaru than stop (on ice). Looking forward to performance once the snow tires get on.